2.5in to 4in exhaust adapter

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i recently got a 4in banks monster exhaust system for my truck for free from a buddy of mine it was off his 03 powerstroke and i was wondering if any body knows when i can get a 2 1/2 to to 4in adapter i found a 2 1/2 to 3in and 3in to 4in but i dont really want to do that if i dont have to!! i already have the stock exhaut out and checked to make sure it fits and it does nicely i just need the adapter to adapt it to my y pipe

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Get a dynomax bullet muffer. It is a very small glasspack, and is perfectly 4 in od. 4 inch I'd pipe slides right over it. If u don't want it as a muffler, cut it in half and hollow it out. Then u will have two adapters.

jabink89

Reaction score
i have yet to see one benton your best route is to probably hit up an exhaust shop and see if they can make you one.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
ive called a couple places they said they cant make them! they say i have to find a diesel exhaust place for somthing that big. the thing is that there aint any close to me

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
It is only like 35bucks for that muffler. Ur Gona spend 20 bucks on one adapter probably.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Part Details
Dynomax Performance 24215 - Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers
Muffler, Race Bullet, 2 1/2 in. Inlet/2 1/2 in. Outlet, Steel, Aluminized, Each
Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow

$41.95

Email this page
Additional Info
Application Specific Part
Overview
Brand:Dynomax Performance
Manufacturer's Part Number:24215
Part Type:Mufflers
Product Line:Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers
Summit Racing Part Number:WLK-24215
UPC:086387242158
Case Shape:Round
Inlet Diameter (in):2.500 in.
Inlet Quantity:One
Inlet Location:Center
Outlet Diameter (in):2.500 in.
Outlet Quantity:One
Outlet Location:Center
Internal Construction:Glass-wrap perforated tube
Muffler Material:Steel
Muffler Finish:Aluminized
Case Length (in):12.000 in.
Case Outside Diameter (in):4.000 in.
Overall Length (in):16.500 in.
Outlet Style:Standard, without tip
Quantity:Sold individually.
Description: If you want something better than your slow-flowing OEM muffler, these Race series bullet mufflers are just what you need. With their straight-through design, you'll get added performance and a deep, aggressive tone. Other features include all-welded construction for maximum durability, all-aluminized construction for long life, and continuous roving fiberglass for maximum sound

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
welp looks like im going to do the glass pack thing!!! thanks for tellin me that corey i wouldnt have thought of that all on my own lol

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used it three times now. Works great. Cut it in two, hollow it out and install the half.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
ive seen thrush 2 1/2 glass packs for sale at advance for $20 so i figured i would ask

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
simple way to make an adapter, find the circumference of both pipes, subtract the circumference of the smaller from the circumference of the larger, this is how much you need to take out of the larger pipe. divide the total you need to take out by 6 and cut triangles out of the pipe that are that wide, then just bend the triangles in and weld together, its called a concentric reducer. there are explanations with diagrams and better explanation than I can give in a post if you search google.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online