1998 Expedition 5.4 exhaust manifolds

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
So I finally got around to tackling the manifolds on our newly purchased 98 Expedition (Eddie Bauer 4x4)....Not a fun job....:puke:....I have the drivers side manifold off, it's ok other than needing to be planed, it came off relatively easy and all the studs came out easy as well. The pass side is adifferent story, it's f___ed...:rolleyes:.....Rusted through at #1.....I found a new aftermarket manifold locally for $170 ready for pickup tommorow. I have to remove the pass side next, there is a reasonable amount of room in there with the inner fenders removed.....I don't know why anyone would want to work at a dealer these day's, I hate working on post 96 Ford trucks - pure poison and ignorance.-cuss I'm taking my time so I only have to do it once, hopefully this repair will last 5-10 years more....LOL....I just want it done, this is gonna be a sweet ride even if it's 12yrs old.;Sweet.....I already told the wifey - if she doesn't like driving it I'm claiming it for my little 12V sitting in the garage.:sly

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I managed to get the pass side changed today, I spent 1.5hrs trying to get one stud out of #4 but I eventually got it out....Copper never seize on everything....LOL....2hrs and it will be all back together. All tolled they exhaust job has cost me $425, for one new manifold, studs, nuts, gaskets, a muffler and one manifold re-faced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin