1991 F-350 Crewcab/Dually/Banks/BTS Transmission

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am putting my 1991 F-350 up for sale. It is a crewcab, dually with a Banks turbo (with 15,000 miles of use) and a Brian's Truck Shop transmission (with 6000 miles of use and 8 months of warranty left).

Selling because I don't want to drive it cross country pulling our car--diesel fuel prices are higher than what I'm reimbursed to move. Also, got married last year and just need more power for pulling our 10,000+ pound horse trailer than these older trucks can give.

Truck has been very reliable--pulled our car and junk from Georgia to California last year, no hiccups at all. The rear brakes DO lock up--probably just an adjustment issue (need to be loosened up), as ABS works. The alternator light is coming on SOMETIMES when in reverse... I think it is a wire that I can see but can't easily reach without removing the alternator.

The previous owner, some years ago, replaced half the A/C system with hardware for the new style refrigerant. Ford replaced the other side of the A/C with new plumbing and put a new compressor on it a couple months ago to prep the truck for sale.

ALL maintenance and service since I bought the truck are recorded in a logbook. 202,000 miles on it.

The truck would be good for a farmer who needs a work truck, or with a little work would be excellent for pulling whatever, wherever. I wouldn't hesitate to take it with us on our move back east in '06, but just don't want to pay for the fuel for the trip. I'd asked $4500, negotiable, but will take $3500 FIRM.

Body is in good shape--a couple minor dents and dull paint on the hood/cab.

See http://photos.yahoo.com/mlewis73 for pictures. Too many new parts to mention:

Brake job done shortly after purchase in early 2003, including rotors turned, pads, new drums, new cylinders, new axle seals.

6 new tires in 2003

New front end in 2004, ball joints, tie rods, tie rod ends, etc., as well as some bushings. Motor mounts done, too.

Turbo in mid-2003

BTS transmission in mid-2004

Both power window motors done

The BTS trans almost makes the price worthwhile alone. New BTS units go for $3600, and this one only has 6000 miles on it--built for me after the previous E4OD blew up in June of '04. This truck should be a really good deal for someone... I'd keep it if not for the fact that I just don't have tinker time anymore and we legitimately need more power and a higher weight rating to stay legal.

Please PM me if interested. Cash only. I'm located in Monterey, California.

Mike