1990 Cab To Engine Bay Access

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a 1990 style interior, is there anything on the passenger side from the ash tray over to where you can access the engine bay? I'm helping dad get all of his gauges in and we're putting them down along the bezel under the ash tray which is fine but now that we got some installed we're running into an issue where if we could just route the last two gauges straight into the engine bay from somewhere near the passenger side instead of going under the dash, across to the left to the grommet by the emergency brake and through the firewall that way is taking too much of the slack out to get to where we need to be for stuff.

If there is even somewhere that can safely be drilled in this area that would work. Just trying to avoid splicing and cutting and redoing all kinds of wires as the gauges we're putting in all have nice weather proof connectors or are the gas filled temp line ones that we can't cut anyways, etc..

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are not any pre drilled holes in that area. I would look in the engine bay quick but you should be able to safely drill a hole and install a grommet.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what's in that area. Not a great look but will give you an idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wider view. Maybe you can zoom in.

MarX740

Reaction score
Pic(not mine) from the drivers side, you may be able to run through the ecu wiring hole.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online