1989 Ford F350 Build Thread

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Well, since the tranny has failed and needs a complete rebuild, I've decided to rebuild the whole tranny myself. I am also going to check the engine compression and vacuum/backpressure etc. to make sure the engine doesn't need a rebuild - it may very well need it.

So here I'm going to lay out my plans, any suggestions welcome, please tell me if something I say is dumb - this will be my first Ford rebuild project, and while I am familiar enough with them, I might accidentally throw some Dodge stuff in there LOL

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Currently looking at this torque converter for the tranny:

http://converter.com/stallion.htm

I like this 10.5" multi-disk torque converter. 5yr unlimited mileage warranty no matter what it is used for, 1 free stall adjustment within 2yrs of purchasing, fully welded bushing, etc. Cost is around $1750.

As far as the tranny clutches/seals and hard parts upgrade kit I do not know yet, have not had time to research that yet.

I did call PATC, and asked about a complete kit, they have one for me for around $1800, including a custom torque converter, but for some reason I feel less than satisfied with their kit. I know the Dodge guys are happy with their viper trannys, but the Ford guys I've talked to don't like their Enforcer tranny for the Fords.