1989 Ford F350 Build Thread

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Well, since the tranny has failed and needs a complete rebuild, I've decided to rebuild the whole tranny myself. I am also going to check the engine compression and vacuum/backpressure etc. to make sure the engine doesn't need a rebuild - it may very well need it.

So here I'm going to lay out my plans, any suggestions welcome, please tell me if something I say is dumb - this will be my first Ford rebuild project, and while I am familiar enough with them, I might accidentally throw some Dodge stuff in there LOL

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Currently looking at this torque converter for the tranny:

http://converter.com/stallion.htm

I like this 10.5" multi-disk torque converter. 5yr unlimited mileage warranty no matter what it is used for, 1 free stall adjustment within 2yrs of purchasing, fully welded bushing, etc. Cost is around $1750.

As far as the tranny clutches/seals and hard parts upgrade kit I do not know yet, have not had time to research that yet.

I did call PATC, and asked about a complete kit, they have one for me for around $1800, including a custom torque converter, but for some reason I feel less than satisfied with their kit. I know the Dodge guys are happy with their viper trannys, but the Ford guys I've talked to don't like their Enforcer tranny for the Fords.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7