1989 Ford E350, 7.3 IDI (and more) Jim Thorpe, PA $4000/Trade/OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lojim

Reaction score
Im selling my 1989 Ford E-350 conversion van. It has a 7.3 IDI diesel with ATS turbo kit. It runs a C6 transmission with a Gearvendors overdrive kit. I bought it thinking I would use it but in the past year I only put about 3,000 miles on it. Since I purchased it:
2 new batteries
New alternator
New heater core
New A/C compressor, hoses, etc

The bad:
Gas gauge does not work. I had a repair shop test all the components and they feel it is the fuel transfer valve where the level signal is being lost. I just write down the mileage instead. The van does have 2 tanks and everything about both tanks works except the gauge.
Smokes on startup. Wll need plugs, injectors, and pump. It runs fine once it's warm but it is still on the original parts. Off the shelf parts from NAPA come in around $1200 up to $2000 for Ford parts.
Power drivers window works. Passenger motor makes noise but does not move.
Power door locks work except for the rear door - which can be locked manually.
Inspection runs out the end of this month. Needs tires.

Has a hitch and brake controller. Comes with the ladder rack pictured. It pulls everything I have hooked up to it. Currently about 188k for mileage and going strong. Its got tons of power for being a van. I have been impressed with it.

Has seating for "7" but if they are adults it is more like 6. Feel free to shoot me some questions via email or on here. Jim@ limitlessoffroad(dot)com. Located in Jim Thorpe PA but could assist with transport for serious offers. I have used it mostly to tow my camper with no issues. The camper is pictured below and sits around 6,200lbs fully loaded. The person I purchased it from towed a Muscle car in both an open and enclosed car trailer but my only experience is the camper.

This van while being old is still in great shape. The PO had it garage kept since he bought it from the first owner (who also had it garage kept). I keep it outside but don't drive it in the winter. There is NO rust under the van and only one spot of surface rust on the rear where the PO backed into something.

I would keep it but will not have the funds to repair for the next year (baby #2 on the way!). Would really like to see it go to someone who will use it more than I can. I don't want to see it just parked outside my home.

$4,000. Open to trades (equal in value). Really interested in a micro truck (not a lowered s10 but instead Like a 4wd 2 seater for farm use).

You must be registered for see images

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
best i can do is 1500 man. i would love to take it off your hands though.... i got a crown vic that needs a trans, you can use that for farm use. worked great in the fields for me. lol it still has first and second and reverse. Lost third.

main reason i can only give ya that is due to what it needs. like you already stated a fresh fuel system and GPS will be over a grand, new tires(decent ones not elcheapos) are going to be 600-1000.

also considering KBB only goes back to 1992, they list a 1992 club wagon diesel as this
Excellent $2,772
Very Good $2,647
Good $2,572
Fair $2,097

let me know. you can ask the guys here, i will take care of it.

Last edited:

Lojim

Reaction score
Problem with KBB is that it does not take aftermarket into account.

The over/under kit and the turbo both increase the value. I'm being upfront about the needs. The condition of the vehicle I would put at "good" plus the upgrades. $1500 is just too low.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
just seemed like you needed/wanted it gone. you asked for ANY price, make you an offer. so i did. aftermarket stuff isnt going to put it up that high. but hey, good luck.

Lojim

Reaction score
Van is 2wd. Hard to say on mileage because the gauge does not work best guess is going off fill ups - every 125 miles I flip the tank switch and it is around 20 gal to fill both up then. 250 miles for 20 gal is 12.5 mpg. Mostly my mileage is towing and I do a fair amount of idling also when I try to run it once a month.

Details on the 250?

tkjr

Reaction score
1989 E350 if still forsale call me 973-222-0062 thanks tom

Hi if E350 is still forsale call me 973-222-0062 thanks tom

Im selling my 1989 Ford E-350 conversion van. It has a 7.3 IDI diesel with ATS turbo kit. It runs a C6 transmission with a Gearvendors overdrive kit. I bought it thinking I would use it but in the past year I only put about 3,000 miles on it. Since I purchased it:
2 new batteries
New alternator
New heater core
New A/C compressor, hoses, etc

The bad:
Gas gauge does not work. I had a repair shop test all the components and they feel it is the fuel transfer valve where the level signal is being lost. I just write down the mileage instead. The van does have 2 tanks and everything about both tanks works except the gauge.
Smokes on startup. Wll need plugs, injectors, and pump. It runs fine once it's warm but it is still on the original parts. Off the shelf parts from NAPA come in around $1200 up to $2000 for Ford parts.
Power drivers window works. Passenger motor makes noise but does not move.
Power door locks work except for the rear door - which can be locked manually.
Inspection runs out the end of this month. Needs tires.

Has a hitch and brake controller. Comes with the ladder rack pictured. It pulls everything I have hooked up to it. Currently about 188k for mileage and going strong. Its got tons of power for being a van. I have been impressed with it.

Has seating for "7" but if they are adults it is more like 6. Feel free to shoot me some questions via email or on here. Jim@ limitlessoffroad(dot)com. Located in Jim Thorpe PA but could assist with transport for serious offers. I have used it mostly to tow my camper with no issues. The camper is pictured below and sits around 6,200lbs fully loaded. The person I purchased it from towed a Muscle car in both an open and enclosed car trailer but my only experience is the camper.

This van while being old is still in great shape. The PO had it garage kept since he bought it from the first owner (who also had it garage kept). I keep it outside but don't drive it in the winter. There is NO rust under the van and only one spot of surface rust on the rear where the PO backed into something.

I would keep it but will not have the funds to repair for the next year (baby #2 on the way!). Would really like to see it go to someone who will use it more than I can. I don't want to see it just parked outside my home.

$4,000. Open to trades (equal in value). Really interested in a micro truck (not a lowered s10 but instead Like a 4wd 2 seater for farm use).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member