1989 F250 head lights

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, is there any reason why the drivers headlight is dimmer than crap with the passenger's doing good?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Most likley a wiring issue (figuring the lenses are in good shape) check voltage and grounds on both then do the relay mod and inspect the rest of the harness.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's my Dads truck, and he's afraid of relays since he heard some BS about them ages ago...

It's his ticket

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if there was a problem with the plug. Might be worth unplugging both bulbs and inspect the condition of the plug.

Could also be as simple as a bulb on its last legs.

Just a couple of things to think about...good luck!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Most likley a wiring issue (figuring the lenses are in good shape) check voltage and grounds on both then do the relay mod and inspect the rest of the harness.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a problem with the plug. Might be worth unplugging both bulbs and inspect the condition of the plug.

Could also be as simple as a bulb on its last legs.

Just a couple of things to think about...good luck!
+1 For both.
I would start with new bulbs first(as they're cheap enough), cleaning connections and grounds at same time

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the two bolts to the rad support where the ground wires attach....clean and reinstall...

Clean the terminal connections for the bulbs them selves...

CLEAN the terminals on the FOOT dimmer switch too...IF you have one....

Install 2 new bulbs,

Convince dad that the RELAY mod will work safely, provide him threads here on how it's done. GET a BOSH relay not the LMC POS kit...it's cheap for a reason!

Explain to dad that the entire load of the headlights go through the switch and are a safety concern as the wires and connections get older and resistance increases and could start a dash fire or cause complete light failure!

JM2CW

Al

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Convince dad that the RELAY mod will work safely, provide him threads here on how it's done. GET a BOSH relay not the LMC POS kit...it's cheap for a reason!

Well said, Al.

Has Dad ever looked into the electrical systems of more modern vehicles? Sure, multiple computers control everything, but how do they control any functions involving real current? Relays. Lots of them.

Yep, I bought the LMC kit before I saw the threads about the iffy relays that come with. Will use the LMC harness, but it's been sitting until I get some quality relays into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle