1987 6.9 For Sale! But what is it worth?

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yall so I've just recently decided it's time to move up to a newer 97 7.3l and i need to sell my ole trusty 6.9. Ive seen some real rust buckets posted anywhere from 1-3k....i know mine looks a lot nicer than those (also being favortistic ha!) but anyways...what is an 87 f250 with an ats turboed 6.9l worth? 57,760 miles on rebuilt engine and roughly 140k on the body. Need some opinions so i even know where to start price wise. Thanks!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up my trucks for 1900 and 1000+an AR. I'd tack on maybe another 750 for the turbo getup. Without photos of the body or interior I can only guesstimate another 250 if it's straight and clean.

Of course, regional markets vary...

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $3100+tax for mine. Pics in the show us thread on top.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attachment didn't work. DO NOT attach files to a "quick reply". Use "Go Advanced".

But more info is needed, even to get a ball-park number. 2WD or 4x4? Auto or manual? XL or XLT? Regular or extended cab? Condition/miles/maintenance aside, the above basics about the kind of truck it is can vary the price by several thousand.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final price depends on local market, but for me I prefer an overdrive transmission (hwy to work everyday) and a larger cab. Hang it on craigslist like IDIoit suggested and see where it goes.

7.3 IDIs near me are ranging from 1500-2500. OBS PSD for 2500-4000, newer 7.3 PSDs are 7-9k.

Last edited:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does my signature not work? Should have almost all that info...
Because too many people put too much useless cr@p in their sigs, you have to assume that users disable them. And there's no reason to assume that a member's sig truck is the one s/he's selling. In any event, the C6 is a sort of double-strike (automatic and no OD). If the frame, suspension components and core support are as rust-free as the cab and bed, that's a significant plus, esp. "up here". Semi-recent rebuild means it won't need injectors / IP for a while. I'd say $2000-2500.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would aim higher than guys are saying. We don't have the rust problems here but trucks like that are usually abused and ragged out. You might only get 2500, but I would start asking 4500 or so. That looks (and hard to tell from one pic) like a solid truck, even if it isn't the most desirable and $$$ configuration. But local area definitely matters. I bet it would pull 3300 or so no problem if the running gear is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 3k is a reasonable price including the fact that you have a turbo on rig. Even though many frown upon the C6 transmission, it will cause much less headache to the guy who decides to buy that truck.