1986 F-350 Kodiak Conversion crew cab dually four speed 6.9 diesel two wheel drive.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it for the motor but I can not find anything wrong with the truck. Okay, perhaps it is a bit dated looking.

Showing 64,000 miles, it is doubtful that it has turned over more than once. The dreaded air intrusion lead to the previous owner giving up on it and buying a 6.5 chevy.

It seems to be rust free underneath and somehow, someway, it just seems a little too nice to pull the motor out and scrap the rest.

Anybody need a clean crew cab dually?

I have another truck that I could pull the engine from for my current project or I am open to ideas.

Is there any interest in a relic like this?

The previous owner toasted the starter and the glow plug system is suspect but at least you would not have to fight rust.

I expect that it would be in the $1,500.00 range as a complete running truck.

Attachments

• Blue Hips Left Rear.Revised..jpg
    Blue Hips Left Rear.Revised..jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Blue Hips front Right.jpg
    Blue Hips front Right.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Blue back right.jpg
    Blue back right.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 58

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
auto or manual (both were 4 speed :) )? and truthfully for $1500 Im interested...

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Dang... if only I had $1500!

If you break it down for parts, i'd be curious your price on the headache rack and bumper. What's the interior like?

If you gutted the engine/trans, how much for the shell?

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Four speed manual transmission.

The interior is blue in the aftermarket conversion style with oak accents aplenty.

Overhead console with a rack of switches.

The front cloth buckets show wear more than the rest of the interior does.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Keep me updated if you pull the drive train and leave the rest. Would be a interesting donor project for my truck if the price is right

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Keep me updated if you pull the drive train and leave the rest. Would be a interesting donor project for my truck if the price is right

Ditto although it would be kind of nice to just get a running one so I can drive it home :) (and then pull the drivetrain)

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input and interest guys.

At this point, I think that we are going to get the motor we need from an '89 extended cab that has been in inventory awhile.

This crew cab will then be offered intact but it will be a couple of weeks before we get to it as there is another project in the wings.

We will probably end up with a spare '89 bed and single wheel rear if that adds any value.

I do appreciate the help and interest from the crew here.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
$1500 would be too rich for my blood at this point, but i would be curious to see interior photos/identifying build plates so i can spot one in a junkyard?

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
If you go the part it out route I would like the captains chairs and console if there any good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online