1984 Bronco V8 swap

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
So, I've just bought my inlaw's 84' bronco. Its a I-6 truck with a Clark 4 speed manual. (according to internet info anyway... Trans Code: B)

Its far from pristine with lots of little rattles, and house carpet over the stock rubber floor mat... but, runs and drives, has a cheap-o repaint (BROWN:puke:) and lots of new parts including clutch, heater core, brakes, hubs, master cylinder...(all installed by me over the last year to keep it running for them:rolleyes:)... not to mention, it has a 4"superlift and sits on 60-70% tread 33's..... and its mine for $800... score.

Anyway... i've got a 302 out of one of my other pickups just taking up space in my storage shed... so, i've decided to start collecting parts.

I'm planning on assembling a stock 302 HO motor with stuff i've got laying around from my mustang stuff... A9L computer and harness, stock HO cam, decent E7 heads...and i'm thinking about springin' for some decent headers... cause... well... just cause....

My questions for you gentlemen are in regaurds to the Clark 4 speed. I know nothing about this thing, and am having trouble finding info.

The truck will be used mostly for cruising to work and back, but I would like to bring it to the desert every once in a while...

So, are these things worth a damn, or am I better off looking for another trans and T-case?

Also, anyone know of a flywheel that will allow the use of this 302 with the clutch I already have for the 300 I-6 thats in there now? Just replaced that clutch so i'd like to at least get a couple years from it...... but, if it has to go, I won't be heartbroken...

Also, I think I remember that the bellhousing should bolt up no problem for the I-6 to ford small block, but does anyone know different?

Thanks for all help (and for reading all that!)
Danny

sassyrel

Reaction score
me thinks the flywheels are the same dia, but balanced diff-----the bellhousing pattern is the same, going from i6 to v8--hope you want to be driving everywhere to collect parts--