19.5" and the super genious!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Ok,lets start off with the question.What size tires can I fit under out trucks if I put 19.5" rims on?I don't want to lift either one.I like the looks of the bigger rims(but not getto style bigger rims-YUCK!).

Now for the rant-
I was out at the shop and I gave the supergenious(you know,the chevy man that tells me that the 7.3L is a converted gas engine,cannot be rebuilt,that sleeving egg shaps the Cylinders and that sleeving never works.....OH,and there has NEVER been a successful V8 diesel.....and the glow plugs fire the fuel like spark plugs not the compression.....:***: :Whatever: :rotflmao )a little chore to shut him up.Tell him to find me a 1994 7.3L IDI factory Turbo engine.Well,He keeps telling me that there was about 6 engines that year that match.That the same engine was put in the trucks for 6 or 7 years,that the van and truck engines are the exact same and that the ford Vans were F series not E series.......-Drool -Lame |stupid .Oh,and to really seal the deal....this guy is a hard core chevy guy that hates Fords because they "an worth a crap,Found on Road Dead,etc etc etc.But the fool bought his wife a KIA.....A KIA that has been in the shop more times in the past 5 months(11 times) than the Enterprise has been in it's intire life!:puke:

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may want to post the question on the 94-97 psd board. There are several guys up there hauling cars that upgraded to 19.5" on their trucks. I know Byron made the swap about a year ago.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Nah,I am gonna replace the GP harness anyway so I plan on using the old trashed harness when we put it back in the truck.Take the wire cutters with it running and start cutting all the GP wires....Oh he also said that we have a computer that controls the engine........that one about floored me!Soon as I get both white lightning and the enterprise fixed(Using this jackasses shop!) I am gonna set his ass straight.Gonna put it as nicely as possible....."I know you think you are a automotive genious but guess what,You ain't.You don't know your ******** from a hole in the ground!"Hate to do it to someone that is letting me use his shop but I think I have made compensation taking all his abuse!Telling me he is gonna burn my truck,haul them off,telling me they are POS,that I need to buy another engine,that you can't rebuild them and then the last straw.......I need to put a cummins in there!!!(Travis!!!!!-FREEZE,DON"T YOU SAY IT!-Flame Thr )

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Ya he needs to be set stright, IDI's have a computer? strange they will run with just one wire? :***: LOL dumba$$ You can rebuild anything the question is, is it worth it.

I agree stay back travis and just incase u get threw the first flame trower-Flame Thr

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
:fight: :D

Well don't p'em off too bad because The Enterprise likes being inside a shop, she will do anything she can to get back there (Toss rods, eat pistons etc...) so keep your welcome mat clean man - trust me...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
oh,don't worry.I think I will fix that little problem.After this rebuild I don't think she will want to be back in this shop.She can feel the hostilities.Surrounded by Hondas and chevys and Toyota and buicks(don't ask,I don't know why they have them either!).Plus she will be feeling good when she takes down a Couple ricers and a nanny goat!:peelout I think she will be greatful enough not to spit parts at me.She has started to change her tune already.She fires right now now.She still coughs and hacks a little at start up but she fires up for me.She know I am the only one that cares about her out there.She must have talked to White Lightning while I was gone!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ka-Ching! $$ :eek:

As for your Chevy man, I'd steer way clear of that boy!

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Before anyone else IMs me on the above suggestion for the enterprise........Let me introduce you to my little friend!Suggestions like I just got PMed to me require something a little bigger than a Light sabre!
You must be registered for see images

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Well I'll have to admit that I was prolly that dumb about diesels when I joined the club a couple of years ago. Thanks to you guys I at least know how one runs now.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Well,being Ignorant and being an idiot are totally different.This guy is an idiot.He has been working on vehicles for about 10-15 years professionally(He used to buy salvage vehicles at auction,rebuild them and sell them).He has used diesels for about as long to haul cars.Bunch of Chubbies that lasted around 25-50K before he blew them up,a Ford(Not sure how long it lasted but was an IDI) and now he runs a Fruitliner with a 24V cummapart.Done blowed it up not too long ago."Said" the injection pump went out and ran the engine too lean and burned the pistons out of it........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online