1800 lbs and Little Squat in Back

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
cookoo-cussI loaded up 120 concrete blocks in the truck today. They are the 6x8x16 blocks for part of the garden I'm building for the wifey.... I just can't stand working for the wife... she has no friggen idea what she is doing when it comes to building anything. I need just over 200 blocks so I have a few more trips. Truck sure ran nicely.. Actually worked the gear vendors in and out. Never did use all 8 forward gear but used first. Then first over. Then second and second over.. Made the surface street trip nice. I think I have lifted and touched each block at least 4 times so far. All they are doing is sitting two rows tal but she didn't like the ends tieing together so I need to design something differant. I got 9 half blocks but should have gotten the longer corner blocks. Maybe tomorrow..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it easy....don't sweat petty things n don't pet sweaty things....it's al good

Keep us informed Gary...

LOL

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I bet it rides like a cadillac with that much weight in the bed.

I had 11 squares of shingles in the bed of mine and I measured only like 3 inches of squat.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
a little hard work is good for you and the truck, i would follow Al's advice on this one LOL

maybe for the ends you could paint some pretty butterflys or ponys to keep it nice for her. gardening is good therapy when you get it up and going anyway.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You guys are horrible...:rotflmao This forum is my reason to wake up each morning. So many differant takes on whatever gets posted.. /Amazing and sometimes so funny I nearly blow Diet Dr Pepper all over my screen and keyboard...:angel::thumbsup: The good wifey:rolleyes: came home yesterday with a NEW PLAN for the garden....:mad:-cuss She found a garden in a mag that was raised about 4 ft tall with Corten 1/4 inch metal...:eek: For those that have no idea what metal that is its a commonly used metal plate in the boiler industry. Its shop name is boiler plate.. Its hard as hell and stands up to boiler heat very well. The designer said it keeps the beds warmer longer... Well kiss my ass scooter... No way am I going to warp that around the bricks... Already she wants the garden extended 4 ft longer.. Thats after I already built the end and started the front wall... So all that leveling and block work had to be taken down... ******.... A reall ****** it is for me. Well todays another day and I will be filling the truck with sand... But she has no idea what I will be doing with it. When she gets home tonite it will be finished... Tee Hee... I'm out or there then.. I know.. She will have some other really stupid in my oppinion...

gandalf

Reaction score
Gary, I sense that you're not in favor of your wife's raised beds. True?:eek: And you're just started.LOL Wait until you have things planted and you have to go out each morning and water and pull weeds.

Our raised beds are simple 2X12's. We've amended the dirt in them until we can now call it soil. I have a nice rototiller, but I can't use it in the raised beds. The tool of choice in the beds is an idiot stick, sometimes referred to as a shovel.

We're in process right now of getting the beds ready for planting. We're killing as many weeds as we can, to give the plants a fighting chance. I've grown to truly hate oxalis.:backoff It's virtually impossible to get rid if that stuff.

Patience, my friend. You'll grow to love those raised beds:rotflmao. You'll begin to dream about them (positive dreams). Eventually you'll prefer being out in the garden rather than on the computer cruising OilBurners.:love:

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just think of all the fat women who pay big bucks for gym and trainer fees to hurt and sweat like you are.

Waiting for the next post sequence where you are laid up with a torn up back from all the heavy lifting :rotflmao

I've found it's important to involve She Who Must Be Obeyed in some of the sweat work so they can "feel the love" of your labors :love:, instead of having it suddenly appear with no strain involved. ;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A man must know his limits.. But wives have never seen there limits of imagination... Ken... We have laid down a ground cover cloth thats supposed to stop any weed groth from below. Then I will be hauling in about 10 cubic yards of top soil mix....:eek: The beds are going to be at least 12 inche deep and probably closer to 16 inches. Originally she wanted the beds to be 3 blocks high so thats 18 inches deep... Not happening for me. So as far as weeds go we hopefully wont have any growing up thru the cloth and the top soil will not have any in it either... I know santa will be chopping to wood this year too so I fully expect weeds no matter what we do. Its a mess no matter how I do it but its what seems to be making her happy.. How can that be a bad thing...:angel:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
7 pounds a piece. 263 blocks. 1841 pounds.

Just started riding good.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't have pictures of the second load. We were getting a bad snowstorm, so I went and loaded up a load half for weight and half to get more blocks home. Had 544 blocks in ONE load. Stacked them from front to back that load.

544 x 7 pounds a piece is 3808 pounds. Took the back road home slowly in that storm with that load on. Handled it like a dream however.

I think it's for tha treason that the newer trucks don't handle the loads as well. People over load them (like I did with my second load) and they don't even squat so you think you're good. Try THAT with a newer f 250 and see how it squats!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
just avoid the GMO seeds, there was an article going around that the GMO cucumbers were making the hair go away in private places on people LOL

well maybe that is not such a bad thing afterall!

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put 1.5 yds (2500# approx) of rock in the bed of mine. It rode great. only dropped the bed about 2-3". Gotta love my old Ford!!!!!

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Hey gotta say love my old ford, carry a 13'7" slide in camper with an unloaded weight of 3190 damn near everywhere now because of work(and broken support jacks) and its all on 150 suspension... rides great till ya get a strong cross wind. Can't complain tho, just did an out and back to socal and she rode like a dream

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a hardwood job last week and had 2 full loads of hardwood I removed from a house and hauled to a Trash station. First time over the scales with this truck too. 1st load weighed in at 8500 loaded and 7000 unloaded. 1500 pounds in the bed and it rode not that much different than unloaded. Maybe squatted the back an inch or two. Pretty nice to be able to lido that. My 04 f-150 would be down on the overloads with that much weight in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online