10psi with the 093 and N/A IP

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Finally scrimped and saved and ordered a VDO black/chrome boost gauge to my door for $48 :sly

Did the ghetto installation for now. But with the IP that I had on my old F250 that was rebuilt within the last few years, I'm seeing 10 psi at the governor, full throttle, holding it back with a load of firewood, and my foot on the brake a little to get it as high as it would go.

I did ask for them to give it a little extra umph when the IP was rebuilt, but it didn't hardly smoke on my N/A with open exhaust.

So all in all I think that signifies a healthy sealed system since I've been getting good mpg.

I've been a little uptight since I plugged the wastegate, and haven't had any gauges:eek:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That crewcab is sweet -Drool;Sweet

Got studs? I'd open the wastegate some if you've got a EGT gauge :sly

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You will make less boost at the governor. Usually I drop 3-4psi there. Why? Because as you are close to the governed rpm the IP cuts back fuel output. Less fuel = less power = less boost.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Thanks, RHK.

I have the WG plugged.

No studs, but I've done head gaskets and new head bolts, then checked them after a few thousand miles when I installed turbo. Fluids are all looking good.

I guess I should have said just before the governer, I didn't really hold it on the governer. I didn't hook the light up yet or anything so I was just using my cell phone light in the dark to see it. Not exactly sure on the rpms, just know it was over 3k for sure and screaming and about 10psi was all I could make it boost.

I was surprised that the boost steadily rose as the rpms increased, I thought it would sluff off earlier with the 093 and the 2 1/2 elbow. Probably since I'm not pushing much fuel. I can't hardly see any smoke unless it's dark and there is a headlight behind me.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plywood does it have the upgraded outlet and 3" downpipe or the factory turbo outlet and downpipe? 10 psi is kind of on the low side for what the 093 can deliver if it has enough fuel. Seen a few people make over 20 with one but probably not with the N/A injection pump.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
It's the smaller factory downpipe.

I'm certainly not bragging about boost, I just have been a little concerned since I plugged the WG with no gauges.

Hitting only 10 tells me I definately haven't hurt anything, and yet with hardly any smoke and good mileage it's saying the turbo system is healthy.

I've been babying it, knowing I can drop the hammer down makes me happy :D

I've got a used pyro I might put in soon too.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh okay, I think you can say with all certainty you haven't hurt anything. Yeah, put the pyro in when funds permit and turn the fuel screw a bit if you like...or if you don't like, enjoy the nice, clean performance you have now and call it good, but in any case a pyro is never a bad idea.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 is a nice number for that setup. go one flat more and leave it.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty much where I want to be.

It's been my plan to plug the wg and just adjust boost to 10-12 with fuel. Seems best for mileage.

Been looking into the intercooler idea, just not sure if I can do it well and keep the possibility of A/C.

So far it's got enough power, although with a truck full of firewood, and a 5x10 trailer full of firewood in tow, I did have to climb "Cemetery Hill" or Taylors Ferry for any locals in second gear. This is a steeper hill than any hwy grade for sure, but I think I had the power maybe to pull it in third. That's where the pyro will come in so I know if I can push it more.

I've got a Banks turbo right now too that has bigger orifices in any given spot than mine, but man, it's just too much work too change it all when it's working perfect now. Maybe some day I'll find a 3" elbow or one that'll work.;Sweet

Maybe I'll find a truck that needs a Banks turbo and a maxed out IP.:sly