10.25 van rear

giezy

Reaction score
have a van 10.25 here with disk brakes on it can i swap the brakes to my 95 250 or is the end of the housing different?

Last edited:

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is the van rear diff? Are you sure it's a 10.25" and not a Dana 60?

If it's the Dana 60 from right around 99, 2000 then it's no where close to be a bolt on deal. But it can be done with some welding.;Sweet

This isn't my website but I found it when I was looking into doing this swap on one of my other projects.

http://www.fordmann.com/F350.rear_disc_brakes.htm

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
its possible its a d-70. the one I have is out of a 2000, thought it was a 10.25, looks danm near the same.
but there is a 70 on the pumpkin
but the good news it would work in a obs, all ya need to do is move the spring perches, the width is ok

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its possible its a d-70. the one I have is out of a 2000, thought it was a 10.25, looks danm near the same.
but there is a 70 on the pumpkin
but the good news it would work in a obs, all ya need to do is move the spring perches, the width is ok

If I understand it correctly the Dana 60 was the rear in the SRW E350 vans and the D70 was in the dually E350 vans.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Back when Ford was actually Built Ford Tough, all 1 ton vans had full floating D70 rear axles.

Now that it's Built Ford Tough with Some Cheap Chevy stuff, some E350's have semi floating D60's.

My '85 E350 has a Dana 70HD and my '87 E350 dually motorhome has a Dana 70U with slide off drums.

Any van rear end from any year 1975-current will be a direct bolt in deal, including the rim bolt pattern. The vans still uses our old bolt circle.

Easy way to tell a Dana from a Sterling.

The Dana's always have the fill plug in the differential cover.

The Sterling's all have it in the housing, facing the front on the drivers side.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when Ford was actually Built Ford Tough, all 1 ton vans had full floating D70 rear axles.

Now that it's Built Ford Tough with Some Cheap Chevy stuff, some E350's have semi floating D60's.

This doesn't look like a semi floater to me!:D;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Easy way to tell a Dana from a Sterling.

The Dana's always have the fill plug in the differential cover.

The Sterling's all have it in the housing, facing the front on the drivers side.

Not true. My Dana 70HD has the fill plug in the housing. Plus I have an aftermarket cover. The more I learn about variations in Dana axles, the more I realize each one is like a snowflake. LOL

Black dawg

Reaction score
Not true. My Dana 70HD has the fill plug in the housing. Plus I have an aftermarket cover. The more I learn about variations in Dana axles, the more I realize each one is like a snowflake. LOL

thats pretty crazy that it has a plug in the housing, I have NEVER seen a dana without a plug in the cover.

I also have a 70 (35spline) and the plug is in the cover.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Mel, that's news to me, never seen that either.

My '85 van has the D70HD and it's got the fill plug in the cover?