10.25 ls service

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all. i took the plug out of my 10.25 today, and noticed that it had what smells like and looks like burnt grease, also what was on the end of the plug was very dark. my question is why does it smell and look like burnt grease haha is this just the ls crap off the clutch mixed with the fluid?
ill be changing the fluid 2morrow as the rear end is leaking so ill have it open to check it out, can i see this clutch wear? anything else i should look for while i have it open?
o also the breather tube? was capped off would this cause problems?
thanx alot.

sassyrel

Reaction score
capped off breather tube---why????????? as the rear heats up--the pressure inside will start to wear the hub seals quickly--id pull the hubs to check the seals. not easy, but if the seals start to leak--hello new brakes,and yes, get the vent opened--also--is it a limited slip??? on the axle tag---on the cover, it would be like 3L55, if its 3.55--its open

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know why it just was. and yes i opened the tube, no idea about the nasty grease smell? or nasty black of the fluid, it was only changed a year ago, and i haven't driven it that much (sat from july to feb) and its def a ls. what happens to the brakes when the hubs seals start to leak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online