$1.40 per litre for Diesel....WMO.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Emissions?....I could care less....Smoke in the air or waste oil in the ground....Does it really matter?....Once we take it out from deep in the earth we are doomed for the consequences....It's gotta go somewhere. I'll have my setup finished by the weekend....Getting the last little bits tommorow to finish it. With my setup I don't think I'll need a heater, I can force as much air into the tank as the filters would normally see for fuel/oil pressure.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My WMO processer is almost done....I just have to weld the large fill neck on and it's finished. I'm going to add one more thing too....I'm going to make the sediment drain the bottom a magnetized plug as an added feature. Pic's to follow tommorow.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Well, seeing as you two are so interested - here's a pic of what it's going to look like. I still have to cut a hole in the top and weld in the 2" nipple for quick filling. The air supply is regulated at my compressor with a tri-axle trailer lift axle air regulator.

You must be registered for see images attach

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Here is my "Processor".cookoo

It goes from the 5 gal of dirty "fuel" into the 5 micron filter bag. From there it goes into the 5 gallon "gas" can, then into my powerstroke.

Attachments

• DSC00289-1.jpg
    DSC00289-1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00290-1.jpg
    DSC00290-1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00291-1.jpg
    DSC00291-1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 13

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides burning WMO here is my homemade bio diesel processor, my lab table and tanks for dewatering used veggie oil. I can make 35 gallons at a time.

The glass jars are some of my finished products, the one on the left is black used veggie oil. the middle one is the finished product of the dark oil the one on the right is made from once used veggie oil.

All are clean thin and run great in my truck, better than pump stuff :yell:

Attachments

• IMG_4203.JPG
    IMG_4203.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4201.JPG
    IMG_4201.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4204.JPG
    IMG_4204.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 24

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you've been doing this for a couple of years now IDIJunkie? Tell us more...

What kind of filters are you using and what are their micron ratings?

What level of blending ar you doing? 50/50? More? Less?

Any issues or pitfalls you can give us a heads up on?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I started out 3 years ago messing around with wvo at different levels and ran up to 75-80% wvo to diesel and ran really good it the summer, but I usually went back to diesel for the winter time. It's been since last year that I've run any wmo (the truck was down for 4 months for a rehab) but the highest that I have ran of wmo was 40-50%, and ran fine. The biggest reason I started messing with wvo or wmo was to keep the ip alive a little longer. It was getting to where it wouldn't start or run very good on diesel so I started puting a little oil in it and made it run better. I haven't run enough wmo to give much advice to any one, but I do know that if using wvo make sure to use it right away and not let it set for a few months, it can and will gell up and make a real mess. I went to use my prosessor after it sat for 6 months unused, turned it on and nothing happened. Had to replace all the filters because they were all plugged up with what looked like wvo jelly.

BigRigTech, that is a nice and simple setup you have there;Sweet . The best part of all is that it is portable. It's small but will work great.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Portable, simple and just over $100 to build....Granted I got the used filter heads dirt cheap from the used parts dept at the local CAT dealership because of the F-inlaw...I'll finish it tommorow afternoon and do a test run, I have about 3 gallons of new HYD/15-40 mix here to test for leaks and etc. I wanted something small that I could put in a corner and just take it out when I need it. Right now I burn about 100L of fuel every 2 weeks so I only need to process 100L of WMO every month to cut my fuel bill in 1/2. The white filter is 10 micron, the CAT filter is 2 micron so the WMO should be good and clean before it see's the IP. CAT builds very high quality filters, they are super **** about filtration to the enth' degree.;Sweet

My buddy with the transmission shop/junkyard is going to gear me up with a decent supply of ATF and WMO so I won't need to use waste diesel oil and this should make my filters last longer. I'll mix in some Howes diesel conditioner to combat any condensation in the WMO if any. I'll time the process time at different PSI's and post it here....Worst case I'll look like I was dipped in a fondu pot...:rotflmao

7.3shrk

Here is my "Processor".cookoo

It goes from the 5 gal of dirty "fuel" into the 5 micron filter bag. From there it goes into the 5 gallon "gas" can, then into my powerstroke.

So where do you get a 5 micron bag? and does it work?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Robert that's the one I was looking at at TSC. That's just what I need for my biodiesel wash tank. Heck of a lot cheaper than a drum heater at $176-ouch!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I made my first batch of "Stu Fuel" this afternoon...cookoo :rotflmao ....Works pretty good. At 50psi it would take about 10-15 minutes to filter 20L down to an absolute 2 micron....The F-inlaw is going to take a sample of my first batch of filtered WMO and WATF to CAT for analysis to see how well it's filtering. The #6AN line is a little small so it slows things down some but I'm in no rush.;Sweet

pat_da_man

PatMan
Reaction score
i just made me a gravity fed fitration system starting with a screen then a 10 micron bag filter then a 5 then a 1 micron filter. got all three stuck inside a piece of 6 inch pvc pipe which i have converted down 2 inch and funnel it into a jerry can. i have yet to run any in my truck which has a secondary 2 micron filter in it so i think i am good to go.
heres a pretty neat link
http://www.hartshangout.citymax.com/page/page/4688702.htm
this guy wasnt even filtering his oil at the start so at the least i should do better?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
That guy has too much time on his hands...LOL....I'd rather just filter it, mix it with some diesel and drive it...I don't need all the headaches of WVO in my cold winter climate.