05 wants more power

twicecustom

Reaction score
I have a customer who wants more power in his cummins. His demand was 4-wheel burnouts... How hard is it to do injectors in this?? I have an 96 cummins and know about that, but how different is this motor?? Also what is the best programmer? Money is not an issue. He just wants the best stuff.

mgola

mgola
Reaction score
risky business lol ( i would do it)

:D 4 wheel burnout? thats gonna be tricky you need to start crunching numbers lol. you most likely to exceed injectors and programmers. Start looking into turbo(s) or stacking chips. pls tranny problems n drivetrain parts. clutches or converters get costly. keep in mind that things like tiresize and traction, vehicle weight ect. are going to be factors. but it can be done. just a lot of carefull planning and a lot of wrenchin
;Sweet

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
When you say 4-wheel burnout, what exactly is the goal? From the sounds of it, I'm sure the truck will have a lift kit and big tires. :rolleyes: If he's wanting to smoke them on the pavement you're going to have to go a lot higher than trying to chirp a set of 285s on a hard launch or spinning all 4 in the dirt. Is the truck a stick or auto? Does he want a streetable rig that he can drive around town or is it going to be a show queen? If it's going to actually be driven, what is going to be towed? Or is this a yuppie who has a diesel because he thinks it makes him look cool and rugged but never tows anything? cookoo Also, if it's going to be driven does the customer want variable levels of power or one level all the time?

The first thing that comes to mind is the drive train. You're going to need some seriously beefed-up axles front and rear, drive shaft loops, one hell of a transmission upgrade regardless of trannie, and a new t-case that won't explode on you.

Injectors are like all new computer controlled injectors - expensive as hell but make good power. Swapping them out is probably not much more difficult than a swap on a 24-valve. You'll also want the biggest injectors you can get; Diesel Dynamics has them I think. Don't bother with a programmer. You're never going to get the power levels you need with that, since programmers have tunes that are suitable for a wide range of applications and trucks. You'll want to call companies like TST and Edge and see what they can put together in a custom package. You'll need dual CP3s to supply enough fuel to the injectors. The head will need to be pulled, fire ringed, and ported. Probably a cam swap too. I'm guessing a combination of propane and water/**** injection to keep the temps down to a semi-reasonable level. Definitely a set of twins with a lot of boost to go with the fuel being added and of course an upgraded exhaust manifold, intake horn, and larger intercooler.

mgola

mgola
Reaction score
you nailed it right on the head horse. this aint no low buck build up.cookoo gonna take a lot of planning and skilled knowlage to get it to work together. lmao chances are with the weight of the 4x4 diesel he will get about a ten to 15 foot black strip and the truck would hook up anyway. not really a burn out.
4x4s llaunch different so weight transfer is going to be an issue too. hope hes not in cali he will never be able to drive it on road. I.E trailer queen:puke:
but your gettin into a bad ass sled pull or drag race truck. :thumbsup: without the big smokey burnout. either way i wish i had that guys bank roll to do my truck with :D

tbiagent69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D 4 wheel burnout? thats gonna be tricky you need to start crunching numbers lol. you most likely to exceed injectors and programmers. Start looking into turbo(s) or stacking chips. pls tranny problems n drivetrain parts. clutches or converters get costly. keep in mind that things like tiresize and traction, vehicle weight ect. are going to be factors. but it can be done. just a lot of carefull planning and a lot of wrenchin
;Sweet

I saw an article on running dual CP3's about 5 or six months ago... it was either in diesel world or 8 lug. I'll try to find out some more info but it shouldn't be that hard to look it up, but that will probably be the best starting point...

http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/site/988369/product/IND-CP3DODGE

Last edited:

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Your guy is looking for a 1000hp combo. Rebel gave it to ya. When he pulls the trigger on over 1900ft/lbs of torque for the first time, he best have diapers and a good lawyer to get him outta jail!:shocked: