'04 lift pump on filter and in tank

Leadfoot

Reaction score
I am new. this is my first post. I have an '04 FWD CC 6spd. The dealer recently installed a lift pump in the tank and removed the one from the side of the filter housing. I was able to keep all the old parts. So after a week of running with only the in-tank pump I reinstalled the lift pump on the fiter housing again. I have run it this way for three weeks with no problems. I did this to keep the injection pump supplied with plenty of fuel. Both pumps cycle on and off as if they were the only one installed. The top pump seems to draw fuel through the bottom and vice-versa if I kill power to one of them. Any input or recommendations would be great, I hope this turns into a good modification. No complaints so far. Thank for any advice.

Leadfoot

Reaction score
Sorry, when I came up with my logon I did not know there already was a similar logon

Leadfoot

Reaction score
I picked up a banjo bolt for a vp44 pump with a shrader valve to hook up a fuel pressure gauge, now I will be able to see what pressures are making it to the cp3. Is this overkill, having two lift pumps? Anyone have any input.

PS: I am trying to change my logon to Leadfoot

Whit

Reaction score
It would be good to know which pump is stronger, prolly the one in the tank, so if thats the case the OEM unit is prolly has a very light load and is kinna coastin? let us know what kinna pressure you are seeing when you get er hooked up.

Changing yer user name will be an Admin function, shoot a PM to Max Power, Muddy or 95 Stroker and they will get-er-done fer ya...........welcome to the site man :thumbsup:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well...your actually restricting flow with the one one the side of the filter housing, the intank runs more pressure and volume, until it hits the second pump..it gets slowed down, theres a reason we are taking them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online