04 ford f 350 6.0 L. lariat,leather, sunroof,six inch lift, 35" rubber.

350curtis

Reaction score
i bought this truck cause its in really good shape it has 260,000 km on it. i know a little when it comes to diesels as many friends own them. i was wondering if anyone could answer thhis question for me. i have the auto four wheel drive but my hubs wont engage in auto mode. my front end locks in when i manually do it. ive checked all the vaccum as i was told it was a vaccum system. but i noticed i also have a pair of wires there as well. i checked those and they are fine. could it be from dirty hubs? if anyone could help that would be great

tractorman86

Reaction score
Hubs could just be worn out. I would pull them, clean and inspect all you need to pull them is a pair of needle nose pliers and a good grip. Do your vents work correctly on all settings when the 4wd is engaged?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the vacuum pump on the passenger fender-well, behind the battery run? When the truck is in the run position, but has not been started, you should hear it run... sounds somewhat like an aquarium.

x2 on the vents. The vacuum pump on these trucks only runs the HVAC Vents and the front hubs. The 2 wires you see, are for the ABS Sensor....