03/04 Harness Recall -

rgdillon

Junior Newbie
Reaction score
If you have any surging, stalling, missing, seems low on power, etc etc – and you have not done the recall for the wiring harness . . . you need to get her in and have it done. I just finally got around to having mine done. I had the surging/missing deal and figured out that if I reached in and grabbed a hold of the harness right at the injector box – pulled up and out, that I was normally good for another two or three weeks. Thing is, whenever I did that the motor always seemed really strong for an hour or two – maybe a day.

Well after putting it off for months and months - had her done last week – this motor now feels like a whole new beast. So much so that the wife even noticed it. To quote: “You don’t have to start off that fast every time do you?” Well yeah I do, cause I can . . . :D

I’m not sure what the problem is or was with the old ones – something shorting, grounding, bad connection – whatever – but it definitely helped mine out.

Anyway guys – if you have the notice and haven’t done it, you need to get it in. If you have a 03/04 and didn’t get a notice – I’d call and see what’s up.

Later,

Ron

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are talking about the IP sensor recall and EBP sensor recall correct? it does help the trucks alot, ive noticed that they seem to run really well after ive done them and the reprogram, even though i didnt get to drive the truck before it came in

JohnSWA

Reaction score
Is this a secret recall? I have an 03 6.0 and I haven't heard anything about the recall! I did lose my #5 injector between Flagstaff and Page Arizona last year in October. Could the dealership have accomplished teh recall work without telling me? When did the recall begin?

Thanks!

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rescently, sometimes then send noticed out other times they dont, its only a recall if the truck is having problems, but its worth a check at your local dealer the work should not take more then one day, and techs shoud love doing it becase you make niceee time on them, id do recalls all day long

rgdillon

Junior Newbie
Reaction score
tbirdfiend281 said:
you are talking about the IP sensor recall and EBP sensor recall correct? it does help the trucks alot, ive noticed that they seem to run really well after ive done them and the reprogram, even though i didnt get to drive the truck before it came in

I had three recalls total. 04B24 was for the tranny. 05S34 was for the wire harness along with the ICP connector. 05E15 was for the EP and connector with software update.

I had all three done at the same time. Previously I had the EGR, EBP and some other sensor replaced. Didn't really notice any difference in performance at that time - except that it would run without me disconnecting the EGR.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online