02 f550 abs light ON

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Any ideas on where to start? Also someone pulled the end of the shifter knob (atomatic) and about 3-4 wires are loose now is this related to the abs light? I will solder them back but I wonder if it has anything to do with that light been ON.

Thank You.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
How many miles? Figure most likely it is related to a wheel speed sensor. Could be a bad sensor, bad wheel/hub bearing (probably cause a noticable vibe) or something caught the wiring. Maybe a low tire.
That knob on the end used to just be for OD, but I think some trucks use it for tow/haul. I don't know if that applies to this truck or if tow haul does anything with abs operation. If it does, maybe one of those wires shorted out and blew a fuse. On older PSDs if the OD switch circuit shorted and blew the fuse, you had problems :eek:
James

Exekiel69

Reaction score
About 100k miles, I do know one of the rear tires(dually dump truck) is very low on air and the way they drive it it would not surprice Me the shorthen a wire catching it on the mud.

Thank You, I will check the fuses too.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
I don't know what kinds of ABS for puts on their MD trucks, but if the 550s have discs in the back like the 450s, there is probably a sensor towards the outside of the axlehousing. The low tire would make that side spin faster and cause a false reading. After spinning for so long, the computer thinks something is up and sets a code. Don't know just how low the tire would have to be, but maybe not very low at all! Air it up and see what happens.
James