01' Excursion OEM Coolant Routing Diagram?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Does anyone have one?

It would seem that coolant flows from the passenger head to the rear heater core unimpeded, then flows back to the vacuum operated valve that feeds the front cabin heater core?

My heater lines had been messed with when I got the truck to accommodate a heat exchanger, so I don't know what the default routing is. Can anyone detail it for me?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
manky,

Not 100% sure on the 7.3 Ex, but on my 6.0 Ex, it comes from the passenger head (I think) into the vacuum valve, to the heater core, out of the heater core, to the vacuum valve, to the water pump (I think). Both sides should be connected to the vacuum valve, and this is what cuts the hot water off to the heater core and bypasses throught the valve when on Max A/C and Vent. So the line going from the head direct to the heater core should not be correct as it defeats the bypass in that valve.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
What at first I thought was the rear core hose is the front core (the IDI is much different in placement). Looks like the rear core is fed from the driver's side head towards the rear. It disappears into the firewall by the front passenger seat.

I just want to understand default routing so I can plumb my heat exchanger properly.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That I am not sure.... It is hard to see any of the hoses on the 6.0, since there is so much stuff in the engine compartment. I am not sure where the rear heater core is fed..... I dont think it goes throught the valve......

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The underside of the Excursion on the passenger side looks like the ceiling of a hotel basement. LOL Conduit and pipes! :eek:

I'd love to see such a diagram as well. Better yet, who has a 02' Excursion service manual CD they can part with?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The underside of the Excursion on the passenger side looks like the ceiling of a hotel basement. LOL Conduit and pipes! :eek:

I'd love to see such a diagram as well. Better yet, who has a 02' Excursion service manual CD they can part with?

I understand that, there are lines inside both frame rails, along the bottom of the body, and then the huge driveshaft and exhaust system........ I don't understand why they put the tank all the way in the back and leave the area between the rear axle and the transfer case, wide open!!!! I know there is no room around any of the important parts, and with the TorqShift Transmission, it is as big as a 55 Gallon Barrel......