DTC PO201 HELP/ oil preassure???????

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
The vehicle is a 2000 dodge durango w/4.7L gas engine.
I know this is ford IDI territory but i am sure that you guys have other vehicles than ford 6.9L and 7.3L diesels. Anyways this is a generic code so even if you have a BMW it will still mean the same thing.

The other day my mom was driving her 2000 Durango w/ the 4.7L engine and all of a sudden the check engine light came on and it started to idle real rough. When she got home the exhaust reeked of raw gas. I got out my code reader and i got DTC PO201=injector circuit open cylinder #1, cylinder #1 misfire, cylinder #3 misfire, random misfire. when i start the engine i get white and blue smoke out the tailpipe. Today i was going to drive it to school to put it on a much better scanner than what i have but then i looked at my oil pressure gauge. When you start the engine the oil pressure moves right away like it should. At idle oil pressure = ~30-40psi. the weird thing though is once you give it some throttle and start moving the pressure jumps up to ~90-100 psi. then you let off the throttle and hit the brakes back to 30 psi.

If anybody could elaborate on the code i got and my oil pressure issue it would be greatly appreciated.

I did already post this in the dodge gasoline section but the activity there is almost nothing.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DONT DRIVE IT TILL YOU CHANGE THE OIL. Then get another injector, #1 is likely stuck open or the driver is leaving it on, use noid lights to check that.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
My dad has just recently changed the oil in it and after i drove it today i checked the oil and it was clean and right up to the full mark.

Do you think the injector issues and oil pressure issues are related?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I do, the gas is diluting the oil. the bottom end of those engines is not going to survive long like that, it will smell like gas. A noid light plugs onto the injector wires and lets you see the electrical pulse. should flash, if on steady you have an electrical issue.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Got my new injector on its way from rock auto last night.

I know that the ideal time to change engine oil is when engine is warm but should i change it were the vehicle is so i don't have to run it w/ contaminated oil?

motoshop

Reaction score
Got my new injector on its way from rock auto last night.

I know that the ideal time to change engine oil is when engine is warm but should i change it were the vehicle is so i don't have to run it w/ contaminated oil?

Yes in this instance you dont need to change the oil warm. You're only trying to get the contaminated stuff out, so you may want to use a cheap oil. Change it with the cheap oil, drive it 500-1000 miles, and change it again.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Yes in this instance you dont need to change the oil warm. You're only trying to get the contaminated stuff out, so you may want to use a cheap oil. Change it with the cheap oil, drive it 500-1000 miles, and change it again.

Thats what i was thinking. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for all the help. This issue just popped up in my face. There were no warning sings that something might be wrong w/ the injector before it took a dump a couple days ago. The misfire didn't concern my a great deal, but once i saw that oil pressure gauge I got really concerned rally fast.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Finally got the car back from the mechanic we took it to.

It turns out that it was the PCM. So they ordered a new (reman) PCM, they put it in and it fixed the injector problem but then they discovered that it was not giving or recieving a signal from the alternator. So they had to order another PCM that one fixed it.

Got it home today!!;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The basement comes to the rescue of the late models once again.... Cool to know.....:D;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online