Bricknose to Newer Front Clip Swap Question

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about swapping my bricknose clip for a 1993 clip. I did a search and found a couple threads, but nothing about the rad support.

Will my 1987 radiator support work with the newer sheet metal?

What about the cowl under the windshield?

Anything else I should get from the parts truck?

Thanks for any advice.

Archie

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yes the radiator support will work, just need the Gen 9 header panel....and yes, you'll need the cowl. Don't forget the front bumper....

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the whole clip
the cowel will work but not look right
get it off a diesel
or youll have to cut and chop core supports
when i did mine i cut the bottom off my stock 88 core support and welded it on to the bottom of the 95 150 support after cutting out the stock section
ironically it worked for me because that was the only good part on my stocker and the only rusted part on the 150 one
its easier to pull a clip as an assembly
watch for the bolts on the back of the fenders you need the door open from behind the door to get to them
and wd40 the core support bolts everyday for a week before the swap
grab all thats attached to the clip too like batt trays and washer bottles you can reuse the stock stuff but.... sometimes its easier to swap to newer stuff

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flare side core supports are bodystyle specific and diesel specific i found out the hard way just an fyi

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok you can it involves cutting out new holes for headlights and moving the front fender mounting locations back but it wont be too straight its easier to cut off the bottom and weld back on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle