Ebay IP

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U-Haul has a ton of them for different years. I still don't have the one I got installed yet. Broke my ankle right after I got it, 4-5 weeks ago. They are rebuilt in Jacksonville FL. by Dieselogic. A member said he did business from them and they are reliable. I would think so if U-Haul uses them. The one that says PAIR better check, it may not be 2 of them. Last I seen was they have 82 of the 93 - 95 models. U-Haul is getting rid of there diesel stuff, they no longer use diesel trucks, except the older ones and they are selling them out too.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess since I have a 7.3 I should buy the newest model? All I have to have on mine is the vrv for the c6.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Are these better then the baby Moose built ones the guy here sells?I know the price is ALOT better!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these better then the baby Moose built ones the guy here sells?I know the price is ALOT better!
any Moose product will be better due to the fact it is "remanufactured" that means ALL WEAR PARTS ARE REPLACED not just the worn out parts/broken parts. there is a difference in supplying in volume rather than a custom one-off rebuild. the volume shop will factor is a certain percentage to be defective in shot time whereas a custom shop's reputation rests on every rebuild.
I will get one of these due to the fact I run WMO in my truck and having a couple rebuilt ones on hand is not a bad idea when you are running trash fuel.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
RPM427..... Nothing is better than a Moose pump product....:eek: Ask anyone that has ever installed a moose pump..... Once you go Moose you'll never turn loose..... Thats what I say and feel. I've had two Moose pumps on my rig and they are outstanding. The latest pump we installed at the 2009 rally in Bowlingreen Ky... I ran it around 80 mph driving home 2100 miles getting right at 19 mpg.... More performance... Better mpg... How can you go wrong with that... anyone thats been around the business of inceasing performance will tell you either you get hp or mileage but never both.... Mel has three differant pumps available... The baby moose. Its a rebuilt to factory specs but its done so much better than anyone else doing that... Then the famous Moose pump... Thats a real pump. I know the fuel curve is changed and many other specs and its flat makes the hp. You really need a turbo and intercooler to get the most out of it.... I have two hypermax intercoolers but have not installed anything yet... My Banks wastegated sidewinder turbo is boosting at 13 lbs. Then there is the Super Moose Pump.... Thats just like a top fuel engine compared to a pro stock engine..... I don't know how you would run that on the streets. Then Mel has the Moose Mister injectors. Several members are running them and nobody is complaining. Mel did a demenstration of the pop pressure ans spray pattern... It was amazing how much better they worked. They have a modified nozzle and pintle... Originaly they were going to be multi port injectors but thats not happening yet... I'm still hopeful it will happen some day....:hail:D

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Just figure that the rebuilds that they have done have to be done right as these trucks have alot of miles put on them and they don't like break downs as it costs money.There is a big difference in price for sure as I'm looking for performance and fuel mileage as my Turbo 94 IDI truck has a few mods that have made a mileage difference of about 4-5 miles to the gallon difference and I like what I've done!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to these pumps being designated for U-haul trucks, can we expect them to be a bit detuned, for the purpose of making the truck users less inclined to haul a$$? You know, how older gasser U-hauls were governed at 55 mph, well you can't really govern an IDI's top speed alone...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just figure that the rebuilds that they have done have to be done right as these trucks have alot of miles put on them and they don't like break downs as it costs money.
I presume you have never rented from U-haul before......:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao