never ceases to amaze me...

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 1/2 yds of 1b stone on my f250 and she did it with out breakin a sweat!!!

built ford tough...:D

I agree with this-- took my 89 F350 to the metal recycling yard earlier with enough old iron in the bed that I came home $75.00 better off- and the truck wasn't even working hard to get to the top of the backroad hill where the salvage office was located

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2. Did this last year with a couple cubic yards of wet fill dirt. They like to work.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aint fast aint real pretty but it sure as hell will outlast and work your dodge and chevy. only truck that lasts around here on the farm is a ford. the rest end up dead in the field

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Agreed, haulin' or towin', Fords are meant for working.;Sweet I think Chevy leaf springs quiver at the site of a heavy load.:rotflmao:rotflmao

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I know what you mean, When I go to the quarry, the only thing that keeps me from loading any more rock is the way my bed is shaped, they pile it on till it starts falling off the end and off I go ;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I used to haul salt in my truck, and shovel walkways at shopping malls...then salt them. I would take an S185 bobcat, and drop 2 heaped up buckets in the back of my 1996 F150. It would BARELY squat, and the only piece ot ever complain was the M5OD 5 speed....that had a few problems from the get go before I hauled salt lol.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the scrap yard the other day with 3500lbs worth of steel in the bed. It piled up a couple feet over the cab. Never had a problem, and got a lot of thumbs up from everybody passing me on the way out of the yard.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wouldnt know it now but growing up i used to be a die hard chevy guy. till i started working with the neighbor on his farm. all he has is fords and swears by them. i soon found out why and since then have changed my loyalties. he by the way has had an idi since i have known him and just bought another one. learned alot working with him its amazing what all the old farm boys have seen and know.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Gotta love it,..

Years ago in Big Red One,. (1969 F350 Crew Cab Long Box SRW 2WD 390 FE motor) I was building a big ole sand box for the kids, I asked my Brother in i law Bruce were to get sand. He said go down to GR Gravel, they will get a scoop of sand with the front end loader and fill your truck till the tires pop, or till you tell them to stop. And if the tires pop. its your fault cause you didn't tell them to stop.

The first load was just over 2K,..I went back for a second load and thought I could use a little bigger load than the first,....so He was loading the truck, the sand was dropping off the huge front end loader,..I had a little bigger load than the first and I was just about to tell him to stop when I saw a crack forming in the sand in the bucket, like a snow avalanche ready to fall, As soon as I waived him to stop, it broke loose and huge chunk of sand fell on the already loaded truck.

I drove away with just over 3500 pounds of sand,..:D yup it was loaded and made it home just fine,..and the tires never popped.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I retired a late 77 f250 4x4 for my first diesel. The '77 had an aluminum diamond plate flatbed. Went to get some retaining wall block for a family member and decided to see what the ol beast was made of. One pallet of block. Ok, put the second one on. Guy says, "Are you sure?" Yep!! A quarter pallet left. Hmmm, ok, put that on top.
The guy thought I was nuts.cookoo 3,000lbs a pallet. Almost 7,000lbs on a half rotted out $500 old Ford. Yeah, get-r-done!!;Really

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Got a buddy that put a pallet to paver stone (the 1 foot octal patio blocks) in the bed of his S10... he said that the front tires were ready to come off the ground and steered funny but he was able to get them home 20 miles... he crushed the rubber bumper stops on the axle tube.... i don't know how heavy the pallet was but it was full pallet...

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy that put a pallet to paver stone (the 1 foot octal patio blocks) in the bed of his S10... he said that the front tires were ready to come off the ground and steered funny but he was able to get them home 20 miles... he crushed the rubber bumper stops on the axle tube.... i don't know how heavy the pallet was but it was full pallet...

I feel his pain. I am a tile installer and right now with my F350 down I am having to haul material in my Ranger. I had a full kitchen load of tile and backer and it was all that 4 banger could do.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your stories remind me of what we deal with every day.

Just over the hill from our tire-shop is the local feed-mill.

Ever since I was a kid, we will see various of our farmer customers pass by in their pick-ups with anywhere from three- to five-tons of bagged feed piled in the bed; sparks flying from the hitch-pin in the bumper that is bouncing on the black-top; the tires squished flat.

Later the same day, they come in the shop with one of their tires laying in the bed, all to rags from being driven flat, whining around claiming that it "just blew out", expecting us to give them another. cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gavinc