Holley Red Pump

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Brothers,
I'm planning a fuel system upgrade. What can you share about a Holley Red pump installation?
Thanks,
John

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John

The install is pretty easy. The most difficult thing is dealing with the OEM plastic fuel line from the tank. I replaced mine with regular fuel line. You'll understand when you start messing with the stuff.

I mounted mine on the inside of the frame just forward of the tank selector valve. I think I only had to drill one hole - the others were already there. I power my pump through a relay mounted on the firewall next to the brake booster. The relay is rated for constant duty and is the type used to isolate a truck camper/travel trailer electrical system from the truck when the ignition is turned off. I got it at a RV part house and it only cost $15. The relay is energized off the fuel cut off circuit/wire going to the fuel pump.

This is a great mod - you'll be happy you did it. I could go out and snap some quick pics if you need them.

Let me know, Brian

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Haggerty said:
Brothers,
I'm planning a fuel system upgrade. What can you share about a Holley Red pump installation?
Thanks,
John

Some people don't like the vibration noise that comes from a rigid frame mounting. Consider some kind of rubber isolation grommets or something if you think this might be a concern.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holley ships a piece of rubber to mount between the pump and whatever metal surface you mount to. Mine seems to be pretty vibration free and the rubber is already pre cut for bolt holes. It is a really easy install, well worth the time and money. Scotty

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg. The big advantage of the electric pump is it helps a lot with changing fuel filters, and eliminates the guesswork if you ever get fuel in your crankcase oil. That's really about it. Oh, and it does make the stock pump mounting location available as a cool place to return oil from a bypass filter or preluber. You also don't have to worry about a mechanical pump failure droping parts in your oil pan.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Tx towcat,
Reason I asked holley shows #2 as a chrysler cover but it looks like the same shape as our mech pumps on our trucks.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Ordered my Holley Red pump and the Holley OPSS from Autozone online. Total w/shipping = 89.02

Now I checked 4 other online stores and Ebay. Each had the pump priced at $95-96 plus the shipping.

I like online shopping!

Don

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
localrich said:
what is the part number you used at autozone??

Thanks

I used holley's PN 12-801-1 $59.99 for pump and 12-810 $23.99 for OPSS. They charge tax because of store locations in each state (?) but no shipping on an order of this size.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online