6.9 c6 flexplate

86er

Reaction score
So I have the heavy cast style flex plate with the thin stamped plate in between that and the torque converter. The thin plate is cracked. Is there new ones offered? If not what's the option for the spacer BTS offers to retrofit the lightweight style flexplate. My truck is down and I need it asap.

Thanks
Nick

86er

Reaction score
I think I have one of those spacers in my driveway. Do u have a pic?

I am trying to get ahold of BTS for the spacer he makes so I can use the flexplate available at napa. But I willkeep you in mind if that doesn't work out.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

Thats a great deal on that thin plate. I know these are no longer available thru the normal places like Ford or International. About 7 years ago I purchased the last plate and the Ford dealer did a nationwide search. Found it about 200 miles north of me too. I'm not sure why Ford decided this heavy cast iron plate and the thin plate were not a good thing and replaced them with the standard stamped thin plate with the spacer and welded on gear. The great idea with the heavy plates is the gear can be cheaply replaced when it fails. Glad a member was able to find this.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a new one, it's the thicker flexplate for the diesel engines W/C6. It's not the thinner flexplate for gassers. Shipped $85 today. Or Pm me if at all interested.

86er

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I just ordered one hopefully that is a legit company. I will let you know how it tuns out.

86er

Reaction score
So I just received the new flex plate from SEAuto and I was more than pleased with the service they provided. I called and talked to a guy named Christian and told him my situation. I asked how much it would be to overnight the flexplate and it was not worth 80 bucks to me. I told him to just send it standard shipping. Then I proceeded to tell him that others have had the same issue as myself and that I would pass on the word about his business and re manufacturing of this part. About 20 minutes later he calls back and told me he really appreciates me spreading good word about his business and he went ahead and sent it 2 day on him. Wow if that's not awesome service and customer appreciation I don't know what is. These guys at SEAuto rock.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a sticky in the IDI section for good customer service. You should put your story there where it will get more traffic. I try to go out of my way to give praise where it is deserved.

86er

Reaction score
Will do. Thanks for the direction. So where in Maryland are you from laserjock?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online