Big Ed gets a Face lift, Aussie Headlights,..

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I've looked and looked for a set of these! Here are some pics I've collected.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, What is interesting is the headlights that came in the buckets had a separate light that illuminated the headlight like a daytime running light. Looks pretty cool, and I have not seen that before.
Those are known as "city lights", it's an European thing to increase your visibility to other drivers while driving in urban environment where overhead lighting may be good enough to where you don't need to run your actual low beams. So yes, more or less like DRLs, only weaker. If you were doing the H4 Euro headlamp conversion instead of LEDs you could order your new lenses with that option for only a few bucks extra. We did not do so for our MDT as there was very little motivation to cut into its factory 5x7 buckets to make clearance for the city light bulbs, in hindsight we probably should have though, for DRL purposes. Ah well, maybe down the road.

As far as a source, I actually found them on AUS ebay, but they were not listed, They were on a truck that was in the background of pic a listing, I emailed the seller, as he parts these trucks out, and he listed them for me. Even he said that these are a very rare setup. He would not ship them to the US, but I have a buddy in AUS that will, So he shipped them to him and that's how they got to me.

This was not cheap,...
That is the same issue we ran into as well, I also have a friend there who will ship them no problem if she finds them, but for years she has had zero luck with that... Well other than those on her own truck, but she's not letting go of them, ever (she drove that point in loud and clear) :D Finally broke down and found another solution that involved US parts, so if anyone happens to run into a SoCal bricknose truck with 4 round lights like an early '70s GMC, yeah, about those... LOL Quite a bit more work involved that way though, but if that's all we can get then that's what we gotta do, right?

As for the price, I believe a good headlights setup pays of itself the first time you see and successfully avoid something on the road that would have normally had an up-close and persona encounter with your front end.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Those are known as "city lights", it's an European thing to increase your visibility to other drivers while driving in urban environment where overhead lighting may be good enough to where you don't need to run your actual low beams. So yes, more or less like DRLs, only weaker. If you were doing the H4 Euro headlamp conversion instead of LEDs you could order your new lenses with that option for only a few bucks extra. We did not do so for our MDT as there was very little motivation to cut into its factory 5x7 buckets to make clearance for the city light bulbs, in hindsight we probably should have though, for DRL purposes. Ah well, maybe down the road.

That is the same issue we ran into as well, I also have a friend there who will ship them no problem if she finds them, but for years she has had zero luck with that... Well other than those on her own truck, but she's not letting go of them, ever (she drove that point in loud and clear) :D Finally broke down and found another solution that involved US parts, so if anyone happens to run into a SoCal bricknose truck with 4 round lights like an early '70s GMC, yeah, about those... LOL Quite a bit more work involved that way though, but if that's all we can get then that's what we gotta do, right?

Good Iinfo, Never heard of the 4 round headlights,..

As for the price, I believe a good headlights setup pays of itself the first time you see and successfully avoid something on the road that would have normally had an up-close and persona encounter with your front end.

Exactly! Good Call,..

Update on the Headlights, The Truck Lite LED's are just a little bigger than the stock 5x7 headlights, so they do not fit down into the buckets, so I dropped them off at my buddy's shop so he can cut the holes bigger with his plasma cutter. Should be done tomorrow and I will start installing them in the afternoon. Pics to come as well.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'd use option loosely in this situation. Finding those buckets is probably like a needle in a haystack...halfway around the world. If Darrin shares his final cost, I would bet, knowing what little I do about buying parts from other countries, the price tag would scare most of us off. It's hard to even find a picture of the Aussie brick nose trucks from the little searching I've done.
What he said. With the help of members on here and a few friends, I did some rather in-depth research on this, and found that it isn't really a practical option. I'm really not a fan of the brick-nose headlights; with the lack of aftermarket options out there, I was hoping this would be a viable route...unfortunately, the only real choices are to switch front clips or to get creative with fabrication.

MAJOR congrats to Darrin for getting his hands on a set ;Sweet I don't know what light pattern the LED's will put out, but I really love the H4 drop-in replacements for the sealed-beams I have on my slant-nost ;Sweet

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the 4 round headlights,..
That's cause it was a one-off deal, nothing the factory ever offered for these trucks. The inspiration were the new Mustangs, which you can have with an optional pair of giant driving lights in the grille. It was done with factory '70s F-series headlight buckets IIRC, been a while now. Those can be had for both round and square lights, so there are options there... or one could mix and match, for example square lo-hi outers and round fog or spot beam inners. Really anything is possible with a welder and decent imagination :D Someone on here had a pair of the square buckets installed inboard of the factory square ones on a '80-'86 truck after cutting the grille accordingly, IIRC they switched their factory lamps to H4 Euros (like the Warden has done) and the new inners were some HID stuff that's highly illegal for on-road use but they didn't care cause it was on a separate circuit and all they used it for was lighting up fields and stuff.

Update on the Headlights, The Truck Lite LED's are just a little bigger than the stock 5x7 headlights, so they do not fit down into the buckets, so I dropped them off at my buddy's shop so he can cut the holes bigger with his plasma cutter.
I remember seeing that mentioned before. Don't recall if it was a problem with the 1st gen TruckLites, or all TruckLites (they are on V2 or V3 by now). Another LED manufacturer, likely JW Speaker, did not do that. Peterson also has LEDs now that are supposedly very good. And there's yet another name in the game, Nolden. So what I'm getting at is, if you're not 100% happy with the TruckLites as far as operation goes, you have other options as well. Oh, and another thing, did you check how much these LEDs stick out forward? One of the aforementioned ones, don't recall which one, sticks out quite a bit more than the sealed beams, which in your configuration could result in hitting the plastic headlight surrounds and a need to trim them down some. Which would be rather unfortunate considering how rare they are to come by. Just a heads-up, if you haven't check that dimension just yet.

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those headlights are gonna look cool on big ed.

Now you guys should check out the mirrors on the ford Brazilian f1000 trucks. Lets see somebody get a hold of some of these!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a pic of the interior of that truck. Notice it has a brick front clip and the obs side glass. I wonder if the interior is brick or OBS. I'm guessing that's a 95 model. Probably shipped all the leftover brick parts down there and built trucks. Doors are probably OBS shells since there is no lower mirror mount holes.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you guys should check out the mirrors on the ford Brazilian f1000 trucks. Lets see somebody get a hold of some of these!

Uhm, no! Those things look retarded, completely out of place on a truck that shape. Well that's my opinion anyways, plus the better half said she'll disown me (or worse) if I ever consider even considering (her words! lol) installing a pair of these on any of our trucks. I'll stick to OBS aero mirrors and west-coast or factory-tow full-size...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok I got the trimmed out headlight holders back form my buddy's shop tonight.

Here is the trimmed out headlight holder:

What I found is that you use the same Aissie headlight uses the same bucket as the standare Bricknose, The only parts that are different are these 3 parts:

The Bucket is the same:

Another shot of the trimmed out headlight holder:

Headlight holder/adjuster installed on the bucket:

Headlight installed:

Rear shot:

More to come on the next thread,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Bezel Installed, Sorry this one got blurry:

Clear Turn Signals installed"

Set in place:

That is all I have time for tonight, More tomorrow,..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would have gone clear turn signals but that's just personal preference. Cool!!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Not sure I would have gone clear turn signals but that's just personal preference. Cool!!

Thanks, Yea I have had the Clear Turn Signals on it for years, I like them but thy kinda stand out in the pics. Should tame down when I get the truck assembled and out of the shop where I can get some better pics.