A TRUSTED MEMBER THAT DON'T PAY.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold a new PrecisionTorque Converter to this member, trusted him to pay. He put a down payment of $100 and recieved a check the next week for $50. The TC was sold for $350, there for he still owes me $200. Aftter about six months from time of sale, I've repeatedly got promises from him to pay. I would NOT do any business with this guy unless he would pay in full at time of purchase. Since he hasn't posted any since 2/23/15, he may be gone from this forum. Member is 86ford69jw, Name is Jerry.
What ****** me off most, is that the TC cost me $550, but that's my loss, should have not trusted my memory on my cost.

Edit: WRONG FORUM. Thought I was in the Hall of Shame. Now I can't delete it from here.

WILL A MOD PLEASE PUT THIS IN THE HALL OF SHAME.

Last edited:

gandalf

Reaction score
Bill, I'm not so sure this belongs in the Hall of Shame. This is current news, something we deserve to know sooner rather than later. Not enough people read the Hall of Shame, much less on a regular basis. This news is something we all need to know just in case...

It's a real pity that things like this happen. We all come to this forum thinking we are among like-minded people, friends. When a member turns out to be less than honorable, it's a real disappointment, but something we should all know about.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i agree with Gandalf.
i try to off my extra parts to people in need.
most of the time, all i ask for is for them to become a supporting member.
why people have to take advantage of others trying to do a someone else a favor is beyond my way of thinking.
i was brought up to have respect for others unless they have no respect for themselves. then its game on.
I BELIEVE THIS SHOULD BE SEEN BY EVERYONE.
i for one will not help a person like this, with anything.
thankfully i have not encountered anyone like this...
everyone has hang-ups in life. but *******, take care of business!
i consider this site to be a "good ole American" place. one of the last few.
but everywhere has a bad apple or 2.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:bs. I agree. This should be left on the main forum page until the bill is paid to oldbull. Sorry to hear your bad luck with this member. It's a horrible feeling when a guy bends over backwards to help someone else and they don't hold their end of the deal. Too bad.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I h8te chislers!
That just aint right!

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
That stinks. :***: trust is really what makes forums like this work. Sux when people have to lye too and steal from good folks like you. I hope he reads this and realizes how much of looser he is for skipping out on ya.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks Oldbull8... I hope the fella is just on hard times and comes clean; but if you are on hard times maybe don't try to support a high maintenance vehicle like this?

I am all for community; I have given away lots of parts and have only paid for shipping myself just be be a part of the community. I am not a paying member but I pay it forward.

86ford... just come clean and do the best you can. You are embarrassing your truck.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the SRT world we had feedback on sales attached to our screen names (and IP) with certain folks banned from the market. Any chance of implementing those kind of features here?

gandalf

Reaction score
Back in the SRT world we had feedback on sales attached to our screen names (and IP) with certain folks banned from the market. Any chance of implementing those kind of features here?

I like that too. It would be about like EBay feedback. You build a 'dealings' reputation based on your actions, not on your words.

Shaggy, how about that?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i, myself am a complete fan of capitol punishment.
i believe if you encounter a situation like this,
and bring it a mod's attention, the offender should be contacted, and if the situation is not resolved the axe is thrown into the mix.
this place would be better off IMHO if we didnt need a GD "points system"

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This place hasn't let me down yet, and it's strange, being able to trust people on the Internet. It's a shame to hear of bad things like this that could lead to people like him not wanting (or being able) to help anymore. Keep this front page, and like others I sincerely hope (but doubt) this is just a case of hard times that will be resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am truly sorry to read this. :backoff
FWIW, I think having some sort of positive and negative feedback for business dealings attached to EVERY member's screen name is a GREAT idea!