Babe the Blue Ox: progress thread

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a truck progress thread.

before
You must be registered for see images attach

Put up-fitted bumpers on as well as doing the PSD bumper cutouts

Got windows tinted, I don't feel like I'm in a fish tank anymore.
made a trip to a salvage yard down south and scored a paint matching tailgate. had to hunt for an additional stainless piece that wasn't thrashed and that the plastic wasn't all busted. ended up making one good trim piece out of two.

Found a OBS with the same blue interior and snagged the Power point and added to my truck.(i hate having the ash tray open to charge something)

up coming to do list include:
modify exhaust elbow and put turbo on
get my alcoas polished and mounted(gotta figure out lug nuts)
Nix my current centurion conversion front seats for something better and not so 80's luxury :puke:
Build some nfab style nerf bars

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, the power port is an awesome idea. I've been trying to figure out what to do about it. That's a great solution and it looks like it belongs there.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking crew cab.

I'd love to see a shot of the Alcoa's polished up and a shot from the side.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah what he said. I so want some Alcoa's for my truck. Awesome looking rig sir!

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a 5 hour round trip today to pick up a hydroboost setup for my truck. If anyone one else is looking for one the guy had another obs f-superduty that still has the hydroboost, standard brake pedal, and even what looked like a rust free core diesel core support.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a explorer RKE setup last night. Cost = $0.00

Last edited:

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That keypad from the Explorer is a great idea! ;Sweet
I have locked my keys in my truck a couple of times; that would be a great mod to do.
Can you write up a Tech Article?

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the Gray box in the first pic? That is the RKE(remote anti-theft personality module in the diagrams) module, you will need that, the key pad from the door with the connector pig tail and then 2 5 wire relays and pigtails if you want.

First step, Find a donor vehicle, I used a 97 Explorer that I had helped a buddy swap the 5.0 from into his ranger.

Pull the RKE box, keypad and if you want the relay box next to the RKE module. I ended up not using the factory relay box. **Trace the hole in the door for the keypad

Before you solder anything unplug the connectors into the box and into the key pad(the key pad pigtail is like 3 feet long and has a connector at the end of the 3 feet, just unplug it there).

With the connector that plugs into the keypad pigtail, solder the wires from the cut side to the wires out of the RKE module together with their corresponding colors. You will be left with a black wire from the key pad that will be grounded eventually.

As far as the RKE module goes it is pretty straight forward. ID the constant 12v power wire(label with tape), the ground wire, the lock all signal wire, and the unlock all signal wire.

The constant power supply for the RKE can be tapped into the lock power circuit or window, as well as the power for the relays pictured in JUNK's diagram below. According to the explorer diagram below the relays should be fused with a 30a fuse. This can go inline from from which ever circuit you tap into inside the door.

The Signal wires will be wired to the Relays as shown in the Diagram below.

I cut and used but connectors on the wires from the switch to the lock motors so that I could take it out if I ever wanted to or if you make a mistake on wiring it up and your functions are backwards. **Follow the Diagram below.

There will be a lot of wires not used. Some people may want to go all out and wire in the horn, headlight, interior light, and battery saver functions. I did not, so I capped and taped up those wires in case I ever change my mind.

here is a picture that JUNK put together

here are the explorer pin outs

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you have the entry code? or were you able to reset it?

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
This is a really nice truck man.... Just make sure you replace your head gaskets before you install a turbo if you are serious about installing a turbo, don't make the mistake I did! Some people get lucky and their stock head gaskets make it for several years! Mine didn't.... Lesson learned, DONT GAMBLE haha :p Keep the pics comin!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stupid question time.
can this be installed anywhere on the truck?
or does resistance play a part in this instal?

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be anywhere. mine is in the door near the door switch. In the explorers it is in the rear drivers quarter panel. the relays are right there next to the RKE module.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SURE IS A NICE RIG! keep up the awesome work.
got a spare set of rear door panels?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.