90 DEGREE BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAPS

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a little time at work last night so I made a couple 90 degree billet aluminum injector return caps.

These caps take a bit longer than the straight caps. There is one machine stop so I can turn the stock in my vise to machine the second nipple.

Attachments

• DSC04174.JPG
    DSC04174.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 247

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look great man. What a cool project. Any plans for making T's for turbo'ed IDI's?

Heath

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell'va nice job, looking good. Totally amazing what CNC machines can do. Read the 1st thread on these, where I suggested how to do a coefficient test, looks like a go.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curios....thinkin outloud....

Instead of round...would hex be an easier shape to make? You are already leaving flats for the nipples...just curious

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curios....thinkin outloud....

Instead of round...would hex be an easier shape to make? You are already leaving flats for the nipples...just curious

The programming software I am using to make these is really cool it's kinda like an auto cad drafting program. If I can draw it out I can machine it. So if it were round or hex machining it would be that same once the program is set it would take just about the same time to make. The 90 degree caps have a little flat where the nipple is and making them hex shaped would look nice so they are more uniform but then there is more DE Burring.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use to de-burr for a living, I would gladly take a raw set. when and if you produce them, the vitons and hose will be on the way, I ran out of labels.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! Now I can finally say something!!!! I've been feeling like a kid who knew where "Santa" hid all the Christmas gifts before wrapping them for Christmas day!

Those things are AWESOME looking! They won't get brittle like plastic and will hold up to distortion better. As for corrosion with diesel, consider for a moment the filter head and water separator you have in your engine compartment. OK, don't think of the separator...

Just my opinion, but I think he did a great job. And this is what a true mechanic is; they want a certain part and when they can't find it they make it. And it's not a slopped together job either, but one piece CNC'd units.

In one way or another on Oilburners, everyone is a Maverick. Taking engines that should be obsolete and making them true contenders in the working world through home built innovation.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! Now I can finally say something!!!! I've been feeling like a kid who knew where "Santa" hid all the Christmas gifts before wrapping them for Christmas day!

Those things are AWESOME looking! They won't get brittle like plastic and will hold up to distortion better. As for corrosion with diesel, consider for a moment the filter head and water separator you have in your engine compartment. OK, don't think of the separator...

Just my opinion, but I think he did a great job. And this is what a true mechanic is; they want a certain part and when they can't find it they make it. And it's not a slopped together job either, but one piece CNC'd units.

In one way or another on Oilburners, everyone is a Maverick. Taking engines that should be obsolete and making them true contenders in the working world through home built innovation.

If you got nothing going on Saturday morning I am going to be working on putting these on my truck:sly

Also was going to put on a new lift pump and a few other little stuff.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have been watching these as well, thank you for supporting the IDI's and putting your time towards making them better.:hail I can't wait to see the assembly of these on your engine.:love:

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here they are all together.

Attachments

• DSC04176.JPG
    DSC04176.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 141