Over the axle pipe

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest I've seen is the one DynoMax makes for their 4-inch kit for our trucks. It's part number 54387 and it comes with the Ultra Flow welded 4-inch kit #19429.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC 5" axle pipe wont fit without denting it in because of clearance with the fuel tank crossmember. Might want to check up on it. A 4" pipe is a tight enough fit, that I know.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
How different are the bricknose trucks vs. the OBS trucks? I ask because I used a 5" kit from Summit for a 2000 Dodge 24v truck under my '92. Yes, I had to cut a few hangers off the pipes and reweld them to fit the stock Ford locations but the pipes fit surprisingly well. Food for thought.

Nick

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
Diamond eye makes a 5" for the obs fords. I got there cat back setup to put on my fummins and it seems to work okay, its a tad bit overkill though. haha

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
How different are the bricknose trucks vs. the OBS trucks? I ask because I used a 5" kit from Summit for a 2000 Dodge 24v truck under my '92. Yes, I had to cut a few hangers off the pipes and reweld them to fit the stock Ford locations but the pipes fit surprisingly well. Food for thought.

Nick

i understand i will have to move hangers that is not an issue at all. Just wanted to make sure 5" over the axle pipe will clear everything. So you used a kit for a 2000 24V and the over the axle pipe cleared everything? Any pics? Thanks!~

Diamond eye makes a 5" for the obs fords. I got there cat back setup to put on my fummins and it seems to work okay, its a tad bit overkill though. haha

They only show 4" for the fords?

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a walker 4" over the axle piece for like a 2000 superduty in my 89. Fit awesome. On my long box I thought I had all sorts of room. If it was me I'd order up a 5" over the axle pipe for a 2000 superduty and have fun.

On mine I also bought 10' of 4" pipe. Cut 1 foot off and installed. So 9' of straight pipe to the over the axle piece and done.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
i understand i will have to move hangers that is not an issue at all. Just wanted to make sure 5" over the axle pipe will clear everything. So you used a kit for a 2000 24V and the over the axle pipe cleared everything? Any pics? Thanks!~
I used Summit exhaust PN SUM-680009 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-680009/

Bought it the same time I bought the 24v Cummins planning to install the exhaust when I installed the motor. Then the IDI exhaust fell off so rather than continue with the restrictive system I had I installed the Summit parts. I figured I bought a box full of pipe that I would have to cut up to make fit the Ford. Not the case at all. I had to cut the hangers off and cut one piece to length. Since I know the down pipe wouldn't fit I cut that to fit the IDI y-pipe. That was just cut to length and rotated over to hit the y-pipe instead of a turbo. I'll try and post a few pics...

Nick
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Who needs more than 4 inch pipe on a IDI???

when you have to let this guy breath :sly

I used Summit exhaust PN SUM-680009 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-680009/

Bought it the same time I bought the 24v Cummins planning to install the exhaust when I installed the motor. Then the IDI exhaust fell off so rather than continue with the restrictive system I had I installed the Summit parts. I figured I bought a box full of pipe that I would have to cut up to make fit the Ford. Not the case at all. I had to cut the hangers off and cut one piece to length. Since I know the down pipe wouldn't fit I cut that to fit the IDI y-pipe. That was just cut to length and rotated over to hit the y-pipe instead of a turbo. I'll try and post a few pics...

Nick

Thanks for the pics!. Looks like the 2000 superduty or the dodge over the axle pipe will work out well. Ill just order one of them. Im looking for just the other the axle piece. Thanks for the help.