New jewel has arrived. Promar 7.3.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Man she sure is pretty and clean. I feel like a surgeon needing to scrub in to even touch it.:eek: This is as it came, right off the crate.

Attachments

• Promar 1.jpg
    Promar 1.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 148
  • promar 2.jpg
    promar 2.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 118
  • promar 3.jpg
    promar 3.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 110
  • promar 4.jpg
    promar 4.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 115
  • promar 5.jpg
    promar 5.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 145

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Very nice looking. What are your plans... Are you going to turbo this engine. Is this a turbo block with the rods or??? Wiil you be installing a set of ARP studs. If so take pics of the pistons so you have some referance to what it is and what cylinders may have been sleeved. A set of Voctor Reinz gead gaskets is all its going to cost at this point in the build. Really no better or cheaper time to add studs... Impressive looking engine too...:hail:love:;Sweet

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I wish I had the money for studs. I am painfully aware of how it be better for the long run. The $ just isn't there as I am still in the middle of my divorce.-cuss I just absolutely need a reliable truck. This is my 4th engine in a year and a half or so. I just have had zero luck with used stuff. It is getting my typ4 cam and a turbo. I haven't had gasket issues thus far including the origionals which had 260,000mi with the turbo so it will do for a few years. I am going to limit boost to about 14psi and pray I get a few less troublesome years out of the Logger.:angel:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I wish I had the money for studs. I am painfully aware of how it be better for the long run. The $ just isn't there as I am still in the middle of my divorce.-cuss I just absolutely need a reliable truck. This is my 4th engine in a year and a half or so. I just have had zero luck with used stuff. It is getting my typ4 cam and a turbo. I haven't had gasket issues thus far including the origionals which had 260,000mi with the turbo so it will do for a few years. I am going to limit boost to about 14psi and pray I get a few less troublesome years out of the Logger.:angel:

Does Promar know you are gonna turbo the engine? They are a VERY good company to deal with, but if the engine is not built for a turbo and you turbo it, they will NOT warranty it

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
how did that get in there?

So was a higher power telling me to do the typ4 swap? Pulled the stock cam out and a little critter crawled up in there and got hung up on assembly lube.LOL I can not believe how that moth got in there;Really I do not believe it would have done much damage nor do I believe anyone but mother nature is responsible but come on!!:backoff What are the chances?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• promar 6.jpg
    promar 6.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 105
  • promar 7.jpg
    promar 7.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 110

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Why do you keep going through engines?:confused:

Origional engine had a 2" crack in cylinder #4 at 260,000. 2nd engine was shot from go, no compression, my fault:rolleyes: My head was up my a*$ as a divorce was setting in. 3rd engine got coolant in the water and hydrolocked in my driveway after only 600 miles. Head gaskets were good, oil cooler rebuilt. I am leaning towards a cracked head as all eight cylinders were sleeved on this engine.:dunno The agony has to end here, please:angel:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Save all the old cams, please. Cores are becoming necessary.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Does Promar know you are gonna turbo the engine? They are a VERY good company to deal with, but if the engine is not built for a turbo and you turbo it, they will NOT warranty it

I told them I am running a turbo. A turbo engine requires a turbo engine core or like $700 to buy the turbo rods outright. Again, the money issue-cuss

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder why they plugged the temp sender hole, I highly recommend you get it running and load it for a good hard pull for some time, mine uses NO oil between changes if near 5k.

Ring seal is important.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Promar was willing to ARP stud the engine, install typ4 cam, AND stand by their 3yr/75,000mi warrenty;Really Using a turbo on a non turbo was not 100% spelled out I am sorry to say. I researched about 8 rebuilders across the country and Promar seemed to be on top of the list.;Sweet