New Pump?

70Post455

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of trouble with keeping my truck up and running. I am able to get my truck started when I put fuel in the fuel filter, but it will not stay running very long and the filter goes almost empty.
I was sure it was probably air in the system, however I have primed the system and it still quits running after a short time that it takes to empty the fuel filter.

I have thought of installing an electric fuel pump, but I would like some feedback on this, and also what is the approx: cost to install a new or rebuilt Injector Pump??
I was told they are not cheap, so I am looking for some feedback.

Thanks,
Tom

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It kinda sounds to me like your lift pump is crapping out on you. With your fuel filter not filling up when running, it sounds like you need a new one or an electric like you said.

A lot of people have used electric fuel pumps, and the consensus is that they are way better than the lift pumps. One area they shine is when you need to prime your fuel system, all you have to do is turn the key and the fuel pump will start pumping fuel, instead of having to crank over the engine with a lift pump. I would love a electic fuel pump, but my lift pump is working fine right now, so it wont happen till it crapps out on me.

I would either put in a lift pump, or electric fuel pump and prime the system to see how it runs before jumping into replacing the IP. A new IP looks like it will cost around $500, dont know how much they are rebuilt. I dont know whats involved in the swap either, so I couldnt say how much labor would cost if you had it done by somebody else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online