Need help with rims

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I need a set of 17x9 or 17x10 rims... 8 on 170mm..... I have been looking at Mickey Thompson Classic II's... But I have no clue if they are clear coated..... American Racing makes the same wheel, chromed over...... Anyone got recomendations on the above mentioned rims, or any other ones...

Thanks in advance....

MT Classic II this will show the lock, click classic II

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know nuttin bout the rims, but I will say they shore are purdy LOL I bet they'll set you back a couple hours pay.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
swany beat me to my question...

If hub centric matters then most of the ones you listed are not.. If it does then your limited on choices and prices...

Weld's were the big Fav with most of the TDS guys...

I myself went with what we use on our race truck... by far the strongest wheel I have seen elsewhere... APP's... now being sold under the Shindle name... I have a contact number if your interested in them... they are like $250 a wheel though.. plus another $50 per wheel for caps... but they are very nice.

Here's a picture of mine

Attachments

• sideshot small.jpg
    sideshot small.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 50

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UH, 250 a wheel.... Ouch..... Give me more on hub centric... whatcha mean..... Are the MT's a problem? Im trying to stay around 135 a rim....... American Racing were others..... and then someone mentioned profile.... The profiles sound cheap as they are 100 dollars or less a rim.....

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK

Hub centric - The center bore hole of a wheel matches the hub diameter of the vehicle. This centers the wheel via the center hole rather than the lug nuts.

Lug centric - When the wheel is centered by the bolt holes/ lug nuts of the wheel, rather than by the center bore. Lug centric wheels should be balanced from the bolt holes

Is not the hub the center of the lugs????

An article where i got the ideas

HERE

And a pic of them on a truck

Attachments

• 2005-f-250.jpg
    2005-f-250.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 46

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding the right one for Michigan sucks... I am now looking at chrome plated alum..... What do you think about these?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
Guys,

I need a set of 17x9 or 17x10 rims... 8 on 170mm..... I have been looking at Mickey Thompson Classic II's... But I have no clue if they are clear coated..... American Racing makes the same wheel, chromed over...... Anyone got recomendations on the above mentioned rims, or any other ones...

Thanks in advance....

MT Classic II this will show the lock, click classic II
I don't think you need a new set of wheels...you just want 'em...LOL
Have you checked out Southwest Wheel ? Don't know if they sell what you are looking for, but it's worth a look.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
ISNMU,

Hub centric means that the load is carried at the hub and not on the lugs... and vice versa, for lug centric..

Those are nice looking wheels that you found ... I like them...

My next question would be - What is the load rating of the wheel...?? Some of these newer fancy looking wheels have a low load rating... I have seen some as low as 2,200 pounds..

I ran some of the Outlaw II's for about 20,000 miles while I saved up for my APP's.. I found a guy on Ebay that was selling them for $275 for 4... could,nt beat the deal.. they were brand new in the box.. I guess they sold a lot of wheels. I now use them as my spares

Green Machine

Reaction score
Hay with a little work Hummer wheels loog good and are cheep. (you need to bore out the center a little so its Hub centric. I know where there is a set for $500 for 5 wheels if your interested.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DM,

I like the first one... They are Helo wheels.... weight rating of just over 3200 pounds...... And they are chrome plated... That would help in the salt up here.....

GM,
I like the hummer rims, but for 500 bones... I could add anouther 100 and have the top rim I posted, and not have to bore..... Also putting them on a GM, you use the factory centers....... Fords have a maunul hub, (well kinda), that needs to be exposed... So I do not want lugs that are covered....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online