buying 89f350 need help on a few things.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok so this is the deal.I finally after looking @ countless trucks have found the truck I want forsure.Its a* 89 f350 cummins swap 5 speed. Has 250 horse injectors, turbo is a s400 only a year old. Has airdog 150, truck is Intercooled, trans is a nv4500 has a southbend dual disk clutch, 5 inch straight pipe, has traction bars, 5 inch lift. American racing 20x10 wheels on 35s with about 70 percent tread. S400 turbo isnt on the truck in the motor pic. MOTOR PIC IS FROM A YEAR AGO. Truck is running and driving. Truck is his daily driver. His only complaints is that it has 4:10 gears&above 80 it starts to rev high.My 99 has 4:10s & seems fine but I also only have 33s I had 35s on my 95 with 35s kind of a dog, so input on that is sought & welcomed also_Oh also he says there's some kind of rubber grommet on the timing cover or screw near the side of it that is leaking he says it's a very small leak.I have to go look @ mine to see what he's talking about.Any ideas what this is?
***** The its a p-pumped 24 valve the only thing is the t case needs some linkage fabd up.You can engage from the t-case&The truck has no ac.I HAVE to have ac as I have high blood pressure & get hot easily & I'm a big guy.I was thinking maybe an aftermarket under dash ac system.My old man put one in a hot rod he had.If not what would be my other options?I do metal fab & bodywork...gave up on paint lol.But I know nothing about ac.The truck has no compressor or anything.So Ideas?I have a bit of time but would like to do soon as I'm sitting in front of the ac right now & its 22° outside.Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your question is.
But I know the cummins don't rev as high as the powerstroke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Okay.
Was the ac stuff on the truck removed? Like the condenser, drier, etc?
If not, look in the conversion forums and see what the other people have done for the ac compressor. I know many swaps have been done and they kept ac.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Yes it must have been cause it's not there now.And the guy I'm getting it from didn't do the swap hisself.I have a 99 outside that needed a new body I was gonna use as a donor truck but I am just gonna put a new body on this one since I found this other truck.But I reckon I can use it as a go to ,to see how the ac is hooked up to the motor atleast.I know crap about ac besides how to charge em.Thats about it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It looks like the heater box is still intact, so it should just be a matter of hooking stuff up.
So of it you can get from a junk yard.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Is the heater box the black box behind turbo???Idk my g'body has the heater core in engine bay.Im waiting to hear back if the heat works or is hooked up.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Correct. The heater core is actually under the dash.
I guess I could've said hvac box.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Well I talked 2 him..it has heat so shouldn't be too hard.I gotta find out what this piece is on the timing cover that's missing & leaking.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Oil filler? Just got done doing this on a 12v leaked a small puddle every other day just needed the timing cover RTV and tightened Oil Filler needed RTV also.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Thanks..Im going to look @ it this weekend & if all is well I'll be driving it home.Im about to go start a thread about what to look for during purchase.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Thanks..Im going to look @ it this weekend & if all is well I'll be driving it home.Im about to go start a thread about what to look for during purchase.

Photoshop is a mfer...this is old bought a 97 I'll be doing my own swap in the future anyways got there frame was bent to hell...he claimed he didn't know pass side wheel was cokes like a shotgun.