DMFW threw a 7.............

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
POS Dual mass F/W quit at 183k mi......
Felt a vibration like I was throwing a U-joint...pulled off the hiway
and found the driveline nice and tight.
So I limped home and pulled the dust cover and found the expected radial play to be about normal....then as I was barring the F/W I saw the dual mass section move AWAY from the ring gear section so I put the screwdriver in the gap and was able to seperate it by 3/8":eek: :mad: :mad:

Called Swamp and we talked about my options.......:cool
:hail SWAMP! He is as sincere and knowledgeable as reported!
He suggested the South Bend con-O and I placed a quick order with him.
I should be up and running by Monday!
Have to take the white woman to work and load my stuff in her "evil goat"LOL till Fri.

If any of you strokers ever get the chance to talk/visit/buy from Jonathan{Swamp Donkey} DO IT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your woes, but fortunately we have Swamp to deal with. I hope someday to have the chance to spend a few bucks in his shop for a set of injectors. The guy sounds top notch!

Mike

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I have heard nothinng but nice things about swamp....

I would love a set of his injectors.... just don't have the scratch for those right now.....

I helped my nephew change out his DMF in his 95... went with a LUK .... much nicer setup.... Real easy to change I thought... but it was him, I and my BIL...

Then he sold the truck to a buddy of mine and that stupid bushing up under the dash for the clutch wore out and made it kinda tough to shift into 3...

So then we got a small hiem and did some modding to get rid of the bushing thing altogether.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Geo, I saw your post in 94-97 and had true empathy for ya. Glad Jonathan was able to help steer you in the right direction. BTW, what "evil goat" does your white woman have?...A Dodge or a Chevy?...:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by geonc

A'96 Ram.........................gaspig:sorry: :sorry:
I bought it new in '95 for her.

:yell: TRAITOR

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
geo you better hold on to that gal she's a smart oneLOL LOL LOL :sorry: but I had to say it

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigbrowngoat
owning a dodge is like getting your first peace time after time it's just F#&king great !!!
Don't you mean "piece" (of cake LOL)? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
yep , that's what I mean . I seen my mistake after my first post and nobody said anything so I wanted to see how long it would go before someone would see it I guess you are the only person to read it so I will have to fix it now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7