zonker

RRILEY

Reaction score
Can anyone help with my truck not having boost? It is like it goes to sleep. When I start it in the mourning or afternoon after work it feels like it goes to sleep.
I have to turn the ignition off 2-6 times and it will run like it should, as I am driving down the road. Sometimes when I do this the fuel guage will not register any fuel and the low fuel indicator goes off. But the dam thing runs.
I replaced the ASD relay and was dissapointed that I have the same proplem.
I have a 2002 2500 with an Edge comp box stage 2 injectors and the FASS fuel pump with 14 lbs preasure. This is also the 6 speed trans.
I have explained this problem to people when I got new injectors and again when they replaced my power chip from Halsey Machine with the Edge box, yet I still experience the same problem, and I also replaced the turbo.
any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Last edited:

RRILEY

Reaction score
No power. When it started I would be driving on the Interstate and all of a sudden I could barley get past a semi. That is when i found out that when I turned off the ignition and then turned it on again with the clutch out it ran like it should, for awile.
In 6th gear the boost is almost nothing.

RRILEY

Reaction score
I will try after work but since it is the holiday weekend I might not get it today.
Thanks

RRILEY

Reaction score
There were 2 codes and they both said Injecyor Timing Control Circut Malfunction.

Whit

Reaction score
There were 2 codes and they both said Injecyor Timing Control Circut Malfunction.

code 206 is death of the IP

sorry to say this but the electronics inside yer VP are toast........time for a new IP........I am getting pretty good at installing them...drive up here man

RRILEY

Reaction score
I was afraid that it would be a majior problem. Your offer to bring it up is greatly appreciated. I am in Indiana.
I was in your area a few weeks back for the Sturges MC Rally, beautifull country and I will be back but now,I am back to work untill next time.
I want to thank you for your help and I have learned a few things I did not know.

Whit

Reaction score
holler if ya need help............I think I know of some tech articles on this.....heheheheeee

RRILEY

Reaction score
Are you saying I need a new injector pump, or can I replace the electronics inside?
I would like some tech articles if you would direct me in the righe direction to get them.
You make me worried like this is a job where I need 3 assistants.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
try resetting the ECM after retrieving the codes the (on fords) ECM can be reset by disconnecting the battery the touching the + and - battery cables together for 30 seconds minimum than reconnect the batteries. than i would drive the truck for a few days than get the new codes if any re-appear. (i have used this trick to fix many of ford's electrical gremlins)

RRILEY

Reaction score
I just checked on a new IP and it's around eleven hundred bucks and about three hundred for the install. Ouch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726