Youtube: Can't decide

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah it looks like a whole lotta ignorance all around. The dude in the truck and the parents of the kids. If it's a setup then they are really ignorant for leaving the munchkins there. If those were my daughters sitting there and this guy is being an ass somebody's gotta go to jail. LOL There no law against being stupid but thank goodness there's ways around that...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree rude with the stuck driver and stupid/ignorant of the family next to them. I would have asked him to wait, and move my truck. I might even offer to help if he was considerant after the first cloud. If not, I would leave and not have a second thought about it. I would have warned the bystander before I ever tried to move the truck, they were close enough that if he would have started to slide he could have hit the other vehicle very easily. Mine does not smoke even under a load, so I see no excue for that ...... I also agree that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the truck that was stuck..... it souned very bad and it should have been spinning the tires.....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can believe it. Those torque converters in those are gutless wonders. If it wasn't for the lockup clutch, it wouldn't get 4 MPG.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel, There must be a MAJOR difference between the 4R100 and the TorqShift 5 speed. I do not have the Jeckyl / Hyde difference in my Ex that you describe in your Ex. I know that I have more torque and hp, (I think we are both running stock so 75ish hp difference). I don't seem to have the lack of power, I only have the typical turbo lag and then I am off like a shot. I have only had one time that I had trouble and that was when I had nosed into a yard and the road was freshly paved, so there was a 2-3 in lip that I had to climb and I was slightly downhill away from there. I was going uphil, in reverse, and was right up against the lip. I had to roll forward and get a little run at it, but this was on the first of the morning cold start, everything was cold and I was just down on power. I had backed up the same place the day before, but it was at operating temp...... I love my TorqShift Auto..... Does someone make an aftermarket product, like the TransCommander like Trav had on the E with the E4OD? Something like that might help.......

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. 69Oiler and I were comparing rigs, and he rode with me and felt it behaved similarly. I forget what year his is. I remember reading about the torqueshift when the 6.0 came out. From what I read, it was a major improvement.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
complete @$$hole if you ask my opinion. People who cut me off with their cars get the cloud of my 855, but to do that to someone for no reason, deserves a horse punch in the forehead.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel, I think his is a 99 or 00. So his should be a 4R100 also. The 5R110 (TorqShift) is a very good transmission. I surprise people who ride with me, or those around me, when I am pulling the camper. It will take off with the trailer on, not quite as fast, as it does empty. The light turns green and off I go.... I do not have to get the revvs up to get it to move the way it sounds like the 4R100 does...... I am not the "slow truck pulling a camper" that most people expect. Ford seems to have gotten this one right. I know a nmajor difference isthe THM (Tow/Haul Mode). It is not an OD lockout like on the older OD transmissions. It still uses all 5 gears towing, but it holds the shifts out, keeps the converter locked more, and will disable the coast clutch and keep the TC locked to allow for engine braking. When towing, the transmission acts much more like a manual than an auto. When I get to a rally, I will have to take you for a ride so you can see the difference.......

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you this, If that were me and my daughter........that guy's teeth would meet my steel toed boot!:backoff Freak'n jerk!:mad:

Heath

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew the stock E4OD/4R100 converters were bad, but I had no idea they were THAT bad.cookoo

With my truck, all I have to do is barely bump the throttle and you feel a gentle thump in the seat before the engine even passes 700 RPM. Floor it with the brakes on and you won't make it past ~1500 RPM. Crawling up a boat ramp is right around 1000 RPM in high range. I requested a "low stall" converter when they put this one together. So far so good I guess.

I'm really curious to see how the stock ones behave now. Only time I ever maxed out the tranny was in reverse pushing a trailer up a hill (did that with the C6 once too). Put it in low range and just let it chug along barely off idle. And thats all with 3.08s.

Back to the smoke topic, I'll often check my side where the tailpipe exits to make sure no one is there whenever I start the engine. When I was at a ski slope parking lot, there was a situation very similar to this. Some people in the car next to me were fussing around getting ready and I waited until the tailpipe area was clear before starting up. I'll admit to farting on one guy on purpose once, but frankly there wasn't much to see. Couldn't even do that right.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I know if I was just there and didn't know those people,That guy would have a caved in door or bed.I would stomp the **** out his truck.Wonder if the parrent could have filed a suit against him since diesel smoke is a known cancer causing substance and he purposefully did that to a child to be an *******.I don't have kids but if you read my other thread,I get a little steamed if I see any abuse.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol the glow plug in my dont work and i started it up the car next to me got soot blown all over it

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really ain't funny man, that dude is a total ****** and an ******* supreme - even if he knew the people, there were kids there! And by the way, my stack used to shoot soot all over the nearby cars after every heavy rain, that's why I always started in low idle and if there were people present I'd warn them to step away and preferably move their cars for a minute before I go ahead and fire her up... but that's just me.