WTB. Gen1 turbo

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Looking for a good used, or smokin' cheap new, turbocharger for The Crossbreed.
It is a pre IC 5.9 Gen1. I know it's a Holset, but without looking, I'd have to assume it is a H1C. Of course, the ID tag is gone.

It's still working fine, but I'm getting oil in the intake. I figure the seals are giving up.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
"baby" H1C on a non IC 1st gen Cummins. I would suggest either a rebuild kit (cheap) or finding a WH1C or an HX-35.
I would have to think on it, but I have a WH1C setting on the shelf, but I also have one in my current truck so im thinking spare. My spare needs seals too.

MMeier

Reaction score
Have the stocker off my '93 if that does anything for ya' . Make reasonable offer, appeared to be tight when removed.

Mudbillyrednec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I to am looking for a non intercooled H1C rebuild for mine...it leaks and has endplay LOL

But I dont know where to get a cheap rebuild from :dunno

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Any diesel shop can get you a rebuild kit. Just get the numbers off the tag, and take them to a diesel shop. OR look around for a used WH1C or HX-35 for a better then stock, stock, replacement. I got one of my WH1C for the price of shipping, they are out there. Any of the Cummins specific forums is a good place to start looking for that kind of stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online