Word from the road

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may or may not know, my dad took off about 2 weeks ago on a 2 month trip to see family, friends, and sights. His trip will take him from his house in Idaho to the east coast near DC, then up through New England, a bit of Canada and back out west to end up in CA for Memorial day. He is driving his crew and pulling his new travel trailer. Appearently things are going well with both the truck and the new trailer. He says he seems to be bucking a headwind everywhwere they go and the fuel mileage is terrible. I assume he is seeing lots of un-settled weather. He said at one point in Illinois he was going 45mph on the interstate at near 1200 deg and could watch the fuel gauge going down:eek: He said he's getting lots of compliments on the truck and is having a good time;Sweet He is currently in West Virginia, on his way toward a stop in the DC area. I'll see if I can dig up a shot of his truck with the new trailer. I just though everyone might like to hear some good IDI news. If anyone see's him on the road, give him a wave or flip him the bird or somethinLOL
Travis..
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I see that beautiful truck hauling ass through New England, I'll be sure to give him the bird!!! Nice truck your dad's got, I'm jealous!

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, the International "Hello". The finger, the middle one. It's a joke, the truck is awesome. They don't call it that in Texas?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do yall mean by bird lol sounds funny

Yup, the ol' one finger solute:sly I'll have to let him in on the joke so he doesn't take offense if some random A-hole in a Ford gives him the waveLOL

BirdHunter, depending on where you are in Maine you might see him cook through. He's gonna be spending some time there seeing family, he is a native Mainerd. When I was a wee lad, we lived in Kittery and York Beach (where the old man was born).
Travis..

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;SweetHahaha, maybe I'll just give him the thumbs up ;Sweet;Sweetif I see him to avoid any confusion. Nice truck he's got. ;Really

Travis, I'm about 1.5 hours north of Kittery/York, but I work in that area frequently so I'll keep an eye out. FYI, a native Maine person is a Mainer or a "Maineac" just to avoid any trouble.;Really My parents lived in York Beach in the late '70's, but unfortunately I'm not from Maine. Not too many nice IDIs like your Dad's up here with all the road salt, winters, and salt air. I think rust is the worst thing with older vehicles, I'm so jealous of southern and western trucks. :hail

Right now diesel is running about $3.10.-cuss

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother and I like MainerdLOL Our house in York Beach was on Main St just up the hill from Goldenrod (MMmmmm taffy-Drool). My parents sold it around '77?. My dad's whole side of the family is from Maine.
Travis..

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey, he stole my front bumper :D
Seriously, Nice looking rig there ;Sweet
I wish I had that nice light aluminum bed instead of that two ton tessie I've got on mine.