Won't start now, what to do next

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
So for those of you who have been following my Black Goo Of Death thread I have an update, after treating the fuel and changing the filter she won't start. I have the batteries fully charged and I have fuel at the filter(which I pre filled) fuel at the IP, and fuel at the injectors... But what gets me is that I'm not getting fuel to the cylinders. I have the GPs out so I am not fighting compression while bleeding and I have been doin the cranking regiment but still no dice with the fuel mist....

I really need to get this thing running TONIGHT so any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I really appreciate it!!

Thanks Guys!

Andrew

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Could the algae have gotten into your injectors and clogged them up? If you have fuel all the way up to that point and then no fuel in the cylinders that could be possible? Are you sure you have fuel at the injector lines? when you crank it does fuel come out of the hard lines( if theyre cracked open?)

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So for those of you who have been following my Black Goo Of Death thread I have an update, after treating the fuel and changing the filter she won't start. I have the batteries fully charged and I have fuel at the filter(which I pre filled) fuel at the IP, and fuel at the injectors... But what gets me is that I'm not getting fuel to the cylinders. I have the GPs out so I am not fighting compression while bleeding and I have been doin the cranking regiment but still no dice with the fuel mist....

I really need to get this thing running TONIGHT so any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I really appreciate it!!

Thanks Guys!

Andrew
ae you sure your getting fuel to the injectors? I had the same thing happen to my truck and i hate to say it, but it burned my rebuilt IP up:puke:-cuss

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Crack loose a hard line at any easy to reach injector. Now hold the injection pump wide open and jump the solenoid on the passenger fender to crank the motor. The ignition must be in the run position but you don't need to be in the seat. Its easier to just remove the push pull wire on the solenoid and jump it to the hot side. Holding the injection pump wide open will push more fuel thru the system. Hope this is easily understood...

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I get what your saying Gary.

So i took a break to remove myself from the problem so i could think for a bit and went back bled it for a bit and BAM fired right off!!! :hail

So now for a whole new set of problems... after i had changed the fuel filter twice the FSS isnt sticking anymore and she shuts off like she is supposed to BUT... she is now idling low and when i give her throttle she starts to bog out and when i grab second and let the clutch out and just barely give her throttle ther is no response and i actually lose RPMs.... :dunno so now i have to start diagnosing other stuff.

On monday when i get my paycheck i will be ordering a Goldenrod H20/Fuel Seperator to help the big S***t out from the tanks, and i have also been thinking about replacing the rubber fuel lines from the FTSV to the Fuel pump with new rubber lines to eliminate any possible blockages in the lines. Would this be a recommended procedure or should i just let the BioBor do its job?

sorry bout the long winded post fellers but its been one of those weeks

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bunch of crap in the IP pump

I had a similar problem, so I added a bottle if seafome to 1/2 and found a loooooong kinda steep hill and foot to the floor and in 4th, and that seemed to clear her up

seems like a good long hard run solves allot of problems on thies old diesels

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Well I took her back to our shop tonight and after letting her sit for a while with some ATF in the filter and IP she ran GREAT!!! but once all that was gone....it was back to the usual little to no power at the low end until 2k, then I'd wind it out to 3k and grab second but then the RPMs would stay at 1500 and not move except maybe bog out then after she took her sweet time the RPMs finally picked up more and away she went.

What else should I try?

BTW Alex was that a bottle of seafoam to 1/2 tank of Diesel? and what if i were to put some Seafoam in the filter and let it soak in the IP?

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Hate to say it but you need to just drop your tanks and get that nasty stuff out of the lines, the pickups, the selector, the filter, the IP, and maybe even the injectors.

The more you add cleaners the more stuff you loosen up and who's to say how combustive that goo is.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Yeah screw the seafoam- get you a bottle of brake cleaner and a roll of paper towels and drop the tanks. If the filter is not catching the junk (which it appears is the case) then nomatter how much atf/seafoam/special potion you run its still gonna keep cloging up the IP, which appears to be yer problem

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Yeah screw the seafoam- get you a bottle of brake cleaner and a roll of paper towels and drop the tanks. If the filter is not catching the junk (which it appears is the case) then nomatter how much atf/seafoam/special potion you run its still gonna keep cloging up the IP, which appears to be yer problem

tomorrow when i get a chance im buying a brand spanking new Goldenrod H20/Fuel Separator which will be installed ASAP to help catch alot of the big stuff, i still have 3 main filters to help with the load of the Black Goo.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't' see the previous thread, but your problem seems to be some kind of plugged up fuel filter problem. Do you have a canister-style inline fuel filter anywhere back near the fuel tanks? I had one when I put in a 45 gallon rear tank, on the mfgr's recommendation. It plugged up on the road and the symptoms were exactly like yours.