WMO ???????

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has probably been beat to death, but I am not experienced with Diesel's and those threads that have 10 + pages is like reading giberash to me, I DONT UNDERSTAND THEM.

Anyway, here is my question, I have a 91 x-cab 7.3 w/ ATS turbo ( 4x4 ). What do I need to do to add the WMO to my truck. I am not asking about 50/50 or 100 %, I am just looking at the aspect as to getting rid of old oil from changing oil in the rest of the cars. Can I run that in my tank to get rid of it. Can I use the Rotella from my truck. What do I need to do to it before I can pour this WMO in my trucks gas tank.

Another thing to keep in mind, I dont drive the truck very often in fact I have to force myself to drive it on weekends just to run it. There is nothing wrong with the truck, I have a company vehicle I drive for work so the truck basically sits in my driveway. I would like to sell it or trade it for a gas truck, but its paid for and only liability insurance in it makes me keep it.

* Anyone have a gas truck they / I might be interested in trading for. The truck is real clean and only 140k on the speedo, rebuilt trans. Lots of other work has been done as well.

As I said, It just sits in the driveway. Another thing I think about is seperating. Does the WMO seperate from the deisel fuel while sitting ????

MT.EZ

Reaction score
You will need to filter the oil before it goes into your fuel tank. Most of the guys on here are running it through a 5 micron filter and then through a 2 micron filter. Good luck with your oil.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then there are those of us who just dump it out of the drain pan into your tank. I can't say that prolonged or repeated introduction of unfiltered WMO won't do something to your pickup, or form sludge in the bottom of your tank. Something has happened to mine that I haven't investigated, but I now run out of fuel at 1/16th of a tank full, instead of below E, and this is on a clean tank and new pickup 2 years ago.

sassyrel

Reaction score
i filter it all to 5 microns--dont want ot plug those expensive filters on the truck---

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't seperate significantly, besides any non-petroleum contaminants in the WMO. Diesel and oil are both petroleum, they will combine to form a "new" fluid. Diesoil or Oisel depending on the percentages.

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard stories from yesteryear that roughly translated read "the govt said to get rid of WMO by adding it to the fuel tank." That was what, 30 years or so ago, I would guess.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have heard stories from yesteryear that roughly translated read "the govt said to get rid of WMO by adding it to the fuel tank." That was what, 30 years or so ago, I would guess.

Thats what they did, just added it to the fuel tanks and ran it. I would bet they are still doing it, unless they are in cold climates, in which case they would use it to heat the shops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.