WMO questions and suggestions

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I made my first batch of wmo to run in my 94idi turbo. I left diesel in one take and put wmo in the other. My mix was 85%oil 15%gas 1oz cetane and acetone per 5gal. When I first switched the tank it acted like it ran out of diesel my reving up a little. It seems to run fine on it but its harder to start it fires up then dies then u have to crank it a bit to fire back off. It also seems to run quieter. It there any adjustments I need to make. Suggestions please

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would thin out your mix, by using diesel fuel, maybe even some kerro.
Maybe it's a little harder to pull that mix through the fuel lines then regular diesel.:dunno

Just in case double check your glow plugs and make sure they are all working.
Seems like when I would get the hard starting I usually had GP problem.
I think your experiencing some normal wmo stuff. Generally speaking it does start harder for some.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside temp makes a difference to. My truck don't want to pump the WMO from the tank if the temp gets under 60 or so. Acts like a restricted fuel filter does, have had the filter restriction light come on at those and lower temps...

Mine is also W85 - 85% WMO, 15% RUG

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems for me that the WMO mixture seems to burn a little slower than diesel does so I adjusted my timing up just a bit to compensate ... seems to work bettter that way .. Diesel engine oil seems to not effect the way it runs quite as much as does burning oil from gas burners... and HYD oil ran just like diesel when mixed about 80/20 with rug .. I am not an expert by no means but these seem to be the results that i am getting ... I hope this info helps ... just dont make any timing akjustments more thatn a degree or two at a time ... too much at once can cause other problems ...

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not be adding any acetone. Acetone is an octane booster which will causes hard starting.

It sounds to me like your lift pump may be struggling to get the fuel to the IP. Any idea how many miles are on it? What's the temp there?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
It sounds to me like your lift pump may be struggling to get the fuel to the IP. Any idea how many miles are on it? What's the temp there?

thats my first guess, my engine can burn almost any mixture with some extra heating but getting it there has been the hard part. it gets to hard to pull thicker mixes to the engine, especially when the temp drops. add some diesel of KI to your mix. you also should check the viscosity, its not real hard just take a container like an old soda bottle and drill a small hole in it. time how long it takes diesel to drain out and then you can compair that time to your mixes to know how thick it is. you should try to do this at the same temp between tests.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online