WMO + Power Service Silver = High EGT??? Or Coked Injectors??

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '89 F-350 4x4 with a 7.3/C6/4.10/235 tires and 91,000 original miles. I parked in the garage last Thursday night and by the time I got to work with a 1 hour drive I was having surges of power. I slipped off to the parts store and picked up a bottle of Power Service Silver and double dosed the tank then went for a 20ish mile drive and shut it down at work. The temps that morning were in the -20 to -25*F range which I figured was enough to start to gel the diesel in my WMO mix. Ever since then I have seen EGT's of 900*F cursing 55MPH/2500ish RPM before that was around 700*. I have also noticed a slight loss in power but this could be due to having to throttle back to keep EGT's in check.

My WMO mix has been 62% oil, 32% diesel, and 6% RUG for about 1500 miles. Is this enough to cause the injectors to coke? Is this throwing my timing way off? I haven't checked the timing but I assume it still factory LOL, it was an old Minnesota Fire Truck still on the original pump and injectors from what I can tell.

Is it coked injectors or Power Service that is causing high EGT's? That is the real question. This is the first time running Power Service, normally it is Howe's or Stanadyne, and I am not overly impressed.