wmo & fuel pumps

tractorman86

Reaction score
so, its been awhile since I've been on here has anybody figured out the best electric fuel pump to run while you're burning waste motor oil? I'm in a situation where I am currently using my idi as a daily driver again and the Holley fuel pump is going out again as I knew it would... any help is always appreciated

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if its the best but the Carrier pump works pretty good, but some had problems with high blends, above 90%.
I went to a 75% mix(wmo 75-25 other), just to be safe, but I haven't been using wmo for a while, rebuilding right now.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I am running for wvo is made by wvo designs. Made specifically for wvo, so I would imagine it could handle wmo also. It's a spendy SOB though, but it has a lifetime warranty.

Search raw power pump by wvo designs. If you have it in your budget I would recommend it

The two downfalls are pressure and price. It puts out a minimum of 15 psi and the price as far as I have seen is just shy of 500 bucks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the big mr.gasket 95gph for 14k miles now with no troubles up to 85%. About $100 from advance auto, summit has them too about the same price.

tractorman86

Reaction score
Wow! well that pump looks great but that would be just a little bit out of my price range lol. I was hoping to find something in or below the two hundred range

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What problems are you having with the Holley Red? When you say "going out", can you explain? I've burned a ton of WMO (around 50,000 miles worth @ 50 : 50 mix) and I'm still using the same Holley Red. Not saying it's the best pump, simply that I've had no problems.

tractorman86

Reaction score
I've always had trouble getting a consistent pressure with it and this is my third time replacing it in about 4 or 5 years and my truck out of those four or 5 years has probably sat for at least a whole year. but looking through summit I did find out that Mallory makes a gear pump that I think I'm going to try

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carter 804070. Excellent pump for viscous oils. I take new ones apart, and take the prefilter screen out and run a real filter in front of them. They run on the same concept as power steering pumps and work well with diesel/oils

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Carter pump above. I have ran for a few days on close to 100%, only because I forgot to put some diesel in the tank when I put the wmo in.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2