WMO as an additive

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work as lube tech a local quick lube place and i can get my hands on as much oil as i want. I was just wondering because people keep saying the new diesel we have to run on the road is "dry" and might not be to heathly for these old trucks. I was thinking if i could add a small mix of WMO to replace the dry of the new fuel.

Mostly seeing if anyone is doing this and what is your mix. I have read the posts of the guys running high mix of the WMO, thats not what im going for im more looking at the WMO as a free additive to extend the life of my fuel system and the life of my truck

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Properly filtered you could run a quart to a gallon of WMO and or WATF every fillup. With no problem at all.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i would see no problem as long as it is filtered. my truck runs better on a mix, it helps take up the worn out tolerances in my injection pump raising the pop pressures back up. at least that is the theory i am running with.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run filtered WMO 60/40 during the warm months. No issies. Our old 6.2 runs on almost straight WMO in the summer.

Atf is good for em too. Run it.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you filter it good and make sure the outside temps are ok.
Unless you have a heated tank & start on "clean" diesel and switch over to wmo.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick tip is to mix the WMO with diesel prior to filtering, It reduces the filtering time drastically adn you can check the consistancy of the fuel your putting into your tanks.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when its cold ive been running 3 gallons to a tank and was 10 degrees the smorning worked fine but by adding oil you will get better milage from it too works nice kinda quiets the motor down a bit too so its a ++ :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online