WLS Headliners vinyl floor kit. Kinda concerned

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new vinyl floor kit from WLS headliners for our crew cab. They claim on their website that the kits are all "vacuum molded" for a correct fit. I just got my kit today and all i got was what looks like a 4x6 sheet of vinyl rolled up and put in a box. I went with WLS because i've heard good things about them. I didn't recieve any instructions either. I've tried calling their help numbers but both numbers do not work. So i emailed them and we'll see whats up. I'm not particulary upset or mad, just confused i was expecting a easy go in kit. They darn thing wasn't cheap by any means either. Anybody else ran into this?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Have you unrolled it yet? The things are *supposed* to be vacuum molded to the shape of the floor. WHen you unroll it it should lay ot in the shape of the floorpan all by itself, if it doesn't, then they lied like a big dog.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i have unrolled it. It just layed flat, well sort of flat the creases in it are pretty severe. I would have hoped for at least a noticable tranny hump or something. I'll post up pics when i get a chance. Also on another note, the box it came in is an ACC box? I specifically went with wls because i didnt want an ACC (auto custom carpet) kit.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd270/stumpjumper3/WLS%20Headliners/IMG_1181.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd270/stumpjumper3/WLS%20Headliners/IMG_1183.jpg

Last edited:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i just installed my vinyl kit from rockauto.com. it was actually an ACC kit which i read was really good. it was supposed to be molded. BS i spent. 6 1/2 hours fighting that huge chunk of rubber getting it to lay in my truck. and you will have the best time of your life trying to find the holes for the shift boot (in my case) and the 4x4 boot. All i have to say is.. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. im still not happy with the kit in my truck.. it has spots that are lifted and wont "mold" to the pan. just what i encountered though

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Heck, you could have gone to your local fabric store and bought a chunk of sheet stock and done that yourself for a whole lot less. I'd call those SOBs up and tell them to send you a return shipping label so you can send it back on their dime and get your money back, that is clearly false advertising.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
it is..its says "molded" on the rockauto site as well. bunch of -cuss i honestly love having the vinyl floor in mine but i just wish it would lay flat. if i were you stumpjumper3 i would send it back and not mess with it. i looked on the lmctruck site and they offer one as well :dunno

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Thing is, this is the first time i've ever had a hitch in ordering online, so i'm not sure on the process of getting my money back. I emailed their customer service and they asked for pictures. I sent them some pictures so we'll see what happens. I love vinyl floors, but i'm not going to spend my whole day fighting something that is advertised as "vacuum molded" when its not.
*edit* Alienturtle: would you mind postin up the link to LMC. I tried looking and even have a catalog, but cannot find a vinyl kit for a Crew Cab 4x4. Thank you

Austin

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that used an old swimming pool liner, worked good if you like bright blue. That ACC mat is a raging POS> BTDT.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Thing is, this is the first time i've ever had a hitch in ordering online, so i'm not sure on the process of getting my money back. I emailed their customer service and they asked for pictures. I sent them some pictures so we'll see what happens. I love vinyl floors, but i'm not going to spend my whole day fighting something that is advertised as "vacuum molded" when its not.
*edit* Alienturtle: would you mind postin up the link to LMC. I tried looking and even have a catalog, but cannot find a vinyl kit for a Crew Cab 4x4. Thank you

Austin

LMC doesn't have any crew cab stuff in their catalog. They don't even advertise F350 specific parts - it's all 1/2 and 3/4 ton.

http://www.lmctruck.com/

As for their flooring, I got their floor mat for my '73, and it's paper thin, anyway. However, it too looked flat until I put it in, and it fits fine. Your pic to me looks like a lot of what appear to be creases are actually lumps from the moldings. I see 4 lumps that would make sense laid over the edges where the seats go, and I suspect the front is out of the top of the picture? I wouldn't give up on it.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't have a ton of experience installing flooring, but I've never read or heard anyone say that it was either easy or fun. There are always fitment issues, many of which supposedly can be resolved with a little heat. Whoever installed the carpet I pulled out of mine stuffed foam and even used screws (argh) to tighten the fit.

At any rate, good luck, and whatever happens, let us know. Most on here spend the bulk of their time on the other side of the firewall, so any info as far as vendors or techniques learned in this department is helpful.